Mouse pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse pad?

I've heard darker surfaces are better, but recently I've been noticing that I've had some tracking issues with my black mouse pad, would blue be better? Does it matter? What would work the best for tracking? I would prefer the standard mouse pad material, I have tried the hard mouse pads, don't like them too much.

I've been thinking about getting this one.

http://www.xoxide.com/razer-mantis-g...d-control.html

It says it's 444x355x4.3mm and designed for precision.

According to my calculations it's 17 inches across and 14 inches in height. Is that correct? Anyone use this one before is it really good?

depends from mouse. Optical prefer matte surfaces. Laser prefer reflecting ones.

Comment

Originally posted by kjhkbnm View Post
      depends from mouse. Optical prefer matte surfaces. Laser prefer reflecting ones.

Well I'm using optical, do you know if this one is good?

It sounds like exactly what I want but I don't want to buy into hype and get something that doesn't work really well.

Well unless someone can say that it is no good I will not cancel my order.

It's big, it's cloth and it's supposed to be made for precision with low sens which is what I use, it has good reviews on amazon the only complaint is that it's too big, that isn't an issue with me I want it to be big so I ordered it.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
        Well I'm using optical, do you know if this one is good?

It sounds like exactly what I want but I don't want to buy into hype and get something that doesn't work really well.
        i cannot see from the picture whether its a cloth or a plastic(hard) pad. If its cloth it will do. Or any other similar quality cloth pad. Optical mice are pretty universal, unlike my laser heh. If its a plastic pad, it will do too, but you said you didnt liked it( me neither heh) But it also depends from sens. Higher sens are better off with hard pads, lowsenser are better off with cloth. Again it depends from you. Which pad are you actually using now(with tracking probs.) maybe its the mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by kjhkbnm View Post
          i cannot see from the picture whether its a cloth or a plastic(hard) pad. If its cloth it will do. Or any other similar quality cloth pad. Optical mice are pretty universal, unlike my laser heh. If its a plastic pad, it will do too, but you said you didnt liked it( me neither heh) But it also depends from sens. Higher sens are better off with hard pads, lowsenser are better off with cloth. Again it depends from you. Which pad are you actually using now(with tracking probs.) maybe its the mouse?
          It uses Fibertek™ cloth weave, so it's cloth. It says it's designed for low sens users and made to track well so I hope I'm not disappointed.

From the reviews I've seen I don't think I will be, has everything I want out of a mouse pad, even will let you roll it up and it still stays flat according to 1 user.

Comment

I have an eXactMat which I bought for the Razer Boomslang 2100. Since then I have gone through a Copperhead and now I'm on an MX518 and I find that mouse mats aren't really needed unless you have a ball mouse. If you have a smooth desk, just use that.

Comment

I bought a func.net surface 1030 (still has the logo on it) about 6 years ago. I still use it today. Its a plain black (surely colours may have some effect) plasticky mat which sits in a rubber, non-slip base. It has a rough side and a smooth side (for your prefernce) and its all washable with soap and water.

I think if you're into your FPS its worth getting a decent one. For me, its very important that things stay the same, e.g. mouse sensitivity, acceleration, etc otherwise you'll keep resetting your skills slightly. Having a long term mouse mat means that you'll permanently be playing on the same surface.

I have no idea about this mat or how the cloth helps. I just think, if its cloth, then it'll wear out at some point and you'll need to change it. What happens if you spill a drink on it? Will it reduce performance?

Comment

Working...
              X