Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointing Commercial

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Disappointing Commercial

    Is anyone else disappointed in the commercial that they've had on TV lately? They basically showcase the single player game cutscenes, and don't show a lick of gameplay.

    The single player campaign is known around the forums as simply a tutorial to show you how to play. The game itself revolves around multiplayer. Shouldn't this be what the comercial shows off? Many people haven't even heard of the game, much less understand what the gameplay is like. Show off the gameplay, and you may interest people.

    The same ole cutscene commercial that looks like every other game on the market may hurt sales, not help them.

    Thoughts?

    #2
    How can you be disappointed? At least they're finally advertising the game (just saw the TV spot yesterday, yay!). I don't know what they could say about the multiplayer gameplay in a commercial. I thought it was just fine and pretty normal as far as game ads go.

    Comment


      #3
      OMFG theres a UT3 commercial?!? I might have to start watching TV again pmsl. I cant say Ive seen the ad but to me, who plays fps (the market for this product) and doesnt know a 10yr veteran like UT or that its expandable, has a large community and is best played multiplayer? When ya paying a premium for a mere 30 secs, ya want to tantalyze as much as possible not bore peeps with facts they already know. Seems like Epic just looking for the best value for their dollar to me. (not that ive had the benefit of seeing the commercial) Its like paying for 30 secs of tv time in the 90's and using it to say "pacman loves to eat ghosts after large yellow dots" lol

      Comment


        #4
        Do you prefer this commercial ?

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4aiocT5I6E

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by upL8N8 View Post
          The single player campaign is known around the forums as simply a tutorial to show you how to play.
          Yeah, that's one of the more polite things being said about it.

          Personally, I think they picked the angle that they did for the commercial because they think that's how to sell it to their "new" audience.

          Comment


            #6
            Does it even mention if its for PC? I still haven't seen it.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Telzen View Post
              Does it even mention if its for PC? I still haven't seen it.
              The one I saw had the PC-DVD logo on the screen at the end.

              Comment


                #8
                Same here. It had a few logos incl PS3 & PC, but didn't verbally mention a platform.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I saw the Gamestop (gamespot?) trailer, it was pretty awesome I think. It's cool because now whenever I watch TV with my friends I can smile to myself and think "I'm the only one here who's had the opportunity to play the game"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Can someone find a link to this tv ad? I still haven't seen it

                    Comment


                      #11
                      i just saw one on youtube "ut3 official trailer 6" and I kind of see what ya mean now was 2min and yerh cutscene after cutscene. Everybody does good cutscenes and gamers know that, I see ya point now. More action less cinema that german ones a gas lol. Seems like they trying to push the warfare side without really even showing any in game action.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Well if someone buys it for the single player after watching the commercial, I am quite sure that they will never buy the next unreal ...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ElYxsOpFA&NR=1 Thats the one i saw on youtube apathy but its 2 mins so dunno how often theyll be using that one. The german ones in Bluetrins post

                          [EDIT] hmmm just saw the "coming november 2007" so its an oldie lol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            There's a single player campaign? *Mind is blown.*

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                              OMFG theres a UT3 commercial?!? I might have to start watching TV again pmsl. I cant say Ive seen the ad but to me, who plays fps (the market for this product) and doesnt know a 10yr veteran like UT or that its expandable, has a large community and is best played multiplayer? When ya paying a premium for a mere 30 secs, ya want to tantalyze as much as possible not bore peeps with facts they already know. Seems like Epic just looking for the best value for their dollar to me. (not that ive had the benefit of seeing the commercial) Its like paying for 30 secs of tv time in the 90's and using it to say "pacman loves to eat ghosts after large yellow dots" lol
                              Epic. does. not. make. the. commercials.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X