• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok thanks alot for your help people

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look for the best Core 2 Duo you can afford, 2GB of RAM and at least an 8600GT, and you should be set.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 "LGA775 Allendale" 2.20GHz (800FSB) - Retail: £79.89 inc VAT
    GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit (GX22GB6400UDC): £29.36 inc VAT
    MSI P31 Neo2-FR Intel P31 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard: £55.21 inc VAT
    OcUK ATI Radeon HD 3850 Pro 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail: £111.61 inc VAT
    Total: £276.06

this would be a great upgrade and i'm sure you could buy those parts for cheaper than this site
    you should be able to run all games on high (except crysis) with a good fps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so wat do i need to upgrade then?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by martinblank View Post
    Oh god why are people still buying pentiums? Intel should have just melted down what was left of them and ceased production.
    LOL, technically speaking I believe Intel still consider's them Pentium's.

All thier commercials state they are the "Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo Processor"
    Correct me if i'm wrong please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Get an 8000 series nvidia card if your getting a new one, like an 8800 or something, its a bit more pricey but it will pay off later when you really need the extra horsepower to render your stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what specs should i be looking for to start modding?

im thinking something along the lines of:

Dual 512MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7950 GTX - SLI Enabled
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 2.0GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
    2GB RAM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Intel Pentium D 3.0ghz]
    Nvidia 8600GTS 512mb
    2GB RAM
    yh you will be able to mod decently with that
    My specs are 1.86 core duo
    1 gb ram
    8800 GT 512. and i run the game full specs 70-90 fps
    people said it would bottle neck.. and at loading time i guess they are right... but its only like 5 seconds extra loading time. for the sake for £200 for a new CPU Atm.. I would rather wait the extra 5 seconds. lol... Ill upgrade probably in 4 months when ive got cash on the hip.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so approximately how much am i going to hav to spend so i can mod on my computer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh god why are people still buying pentiums? Intel should have just melted down what was left of them and ceased production. You'll want a core 2 duo. And the 8600gts sucks, how much can you spend for a video card?
    my PC has the pentium already installed from when i brought it. i can only afford to upgrade the video card at the moment and i already have the 2GB ram installed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh god why are people still buying pentiums? Intel should have just melted down what was left of them and ceased production. You'll want a core 2 duo. And the 8600gts sucks, how much can you spend for a video card?
    What's really going to get confusing is that Intel are using the Pentium name for Core 2 Duo processors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
    Probably not. But get the PC version anyway, and upgrade when you can.

Working with a mod team has been an excellent hobby for me for years now, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. If you are interested, then don't let anything stop you.

Get the PC version, do whatever you have to do to get upgraded, and don't ever look back.
    Grr I really wanna get into modding but i dont have much money atm, How much do you think it would cost me to upgrade so i can mod?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im currently upgrading my system so i can begin modding do you think i will be able to with these specs:

Intel Pentium D 3.0ghz]
    Nvidia 8600GTS 512mb
    2GB RAM

Thanks,
    Speedjunkie92

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Probably not. But get the PC version anyway, and upgrade when you can.

Working with a mod team has been an excellent hobby for me for years now, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. If you are interested, then don't let anything stop you.

Get the PC version, do whatever you have to do to get upgraded, and don't ever look back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X