Would i be able to mod on my computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would i be able to mod on my computer?

Hi I've got UT3 on PS3 and im thinking about buying the PC version just for modding but i dont think my PC is good enough...

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCach(TM)
    AMD sempron(tm) processor
    3000+
    1.79 GHz
    512 MB of RAM

Would i be able to do it?

Probably not. But get the PC version anyway, and upgrade when you can.

Working with a mod team has been an excellent hobby for me for years now, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. If you are interested, then don't let anything stop you.

Get the PC version, do whatever you have to do to get upgraded, and don't ever look back.

Comment

im currently upgrading my system so i can begin modding do you think i will be able to with these specs:

Intel Pentium D 3.0ghz]
      Nvidia 8600GTS 512mb
      2GB RAM

Thanks,
      Speedjunkie92

Comment

Oh god why are people still buying pentiums? Intel should have just melted down what was left of them and ceased production. You'll want a core 2 duo. And the 8600gts sucks, how much can you spend for a video card?

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
          Probably not. But get the PC version anyway, and upgrade when you can.

Working with a mod team has been an excellent hobby for me for years now, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. If you are interested, then don't let anything stop you.

Get the PC version, do whatever you have to do to get upgraded, and don't ever look back.
          Grr I really wanna get into modding but i dont have much money atm, How much do you think it would cost me to upgrade so i can mod?

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
            Oh god why are people still buying pentiums? Intel should have just melted down what was left of them and ceased production. You'll want a core 2 duo. And the 8600gts sucks, how much can you spend for a video card?
            What's really going to get confusing is that Intel are using the Pentium name for Core 2 Duo processors.

Comment

my PC has the pentium already installed from when i brought it. i can only afford to upgrade the video card at the moment and i already have the 2GB ram installed.

Comment

so approximately how much am i going to hav to spend so i can mod on my computer?

Comment

Intel Pentium D 3.0ghz]
                  Nvidia 8600GTS 512mb
                  2GB RAM
                  yh you will be able to mod decently with that
                  My specs are 1.86 core duo
                  1 gb ram
                  8800 GT 512. and i run the game full specs 70-90 fps
                  people said it would bottle neck.. and at loading time i guess they are right... but its only like 5 seconds extra loading time. for the sake for £200 for a new CPU Atm.. I would rather wait the extra 5 seconds. lol... Ill upgrade probably in 4 months when ive got cash on the hip.

Comment

what specs should i be looking for to start modding?

im thinking something along the lines of:

Dual 512MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7950 GTX - SLI Enabled
                    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 2.0GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
                    2GB RAM

Comment

Get an 8000 series nvidia card if your getting a new one, like an 8800 or something, its a bit more pricey but it will pay off later when you really need the extra horsepower to render your stuff.

Comment

Oh god why are people still buying pentiums? Intel should have just melted down what was left of them and ceased production.
                        LOL, technically speaking I believe Intel still consider's them Pentium's.

All thier commercials state they are the "Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo Processor"
                        Correct me if i'm wrong please.

Comment

so wat do i need to upgrade then?

Comment

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 "LGA775 Allendale" 2.20GHz (800FSB) - Retail: £79.89 inc VAT
                            GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit (GX22GB6400UDC): £29.36 inc VAT
                            MSI P31 Neo2-FR Intel P31 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard: £55.21 inc VAT
                            OcUK ATI Radeon HD 3850 Pro 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail: £111.61 inc VAT
                            Total: £276.06

this would be a great upgrade and i'm sure you could buy those parts for cheaper than this site
                            you should be able to run all games on high (except crysis) with a good fps

Comment

Look for the best Core 2 Duo you can afford, 2GB of RAM and at least an 8600GT, and you should be set.

Comment

Working...
                              X