Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to play at a higher standard (Europe)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to play at a higher standard (Europe)?

Hello all,

I'm from the UK and have been playing in public servers for a little while. I'm up to about 6,500 kills and have a 2.29 K ratio, which (in ngstats days ) is about 70% efficiency - which I'm quite pleased with. http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3stats.php?id=116105621

I play a mix of warfare, DM, TDM and CTF as I've not settled on anything yet. I find DM and CTF easier in terms of having an impact than warfare (mainly because vehicles run me over all the time ), but I'm getting to the point where public servers get a bit frustrating.

There's the old bug where red team seems to continuously have at least 1 man up, people never switching teams. Standards going from really good to terrible. DM servers are too packed - I'd like a server with 8 players max to reduce the spam effect.

I've done the whole clan scene before and I'm not sure I want to again. I like to just play when I get some free time now.

My question is, since I'm a player that likes a challenge (I always switch to the losing team), are there any servers out there that consistently have good players?

I think the best way to get better is to play better players & whilst it can be frustrating to die a lot, its so much more rewarding to come out on top against good players rather than new players.

So any tips?

Thanks.

Pickup games provide a good mid point between public and clan play. If you know how to get in IRC visit #ut3 on quakenet for all pickups apart from warfare. Warfare is @ justwarfare.com and the pickup is @ #mpukunreal.warfare.

I can only speak for warfare but as justwarfare are now admin of multiplay servers and supported by top euro players they should be of a fairly good standard

Comment

Yep, play pickups matches. A good way to get into competitive playing and to get in touch with clans as well.

Did we meet ingame already? Your nick seems fairly familiar (given that it's the same in-game ;P).

Comment

Originally posted by Rob.JW View Post
        Pickup games provide a good mid point between public and clan play. If you know how to get in IRC visit #ut3 on quakenet for all pickups apart from warfare. Warfare is @ justwarfare.com and the pickup is @ #mpukunreal.warfare.

I can only speak for warfare but as justwarfare are now admin of multiplay servers and supported by top euro players they should be of a fairly good standard
        You've just broken rule #1. You'll get visited by the party van shortly.

Comment

party van..?

Comment

Don't Get In Teh Parti Van!!

Comment

Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
              Yep, play pickups matches. A good way to get into competitive playing and to get in touch with clans as well.

Did we meet ingame already? Your nick seems fairly familiar (given that it's the same in-game ;P).
              If your name is something like Leonadis with lots of weird letters, then yes I think we have met in-game a few times in warfare

Thanks for the info so far.

Comment

Leonidas the tank ***** ^^ btw you have a pm lillien on the justwarfare forum

Comment

Originally posted by Lillien View Post
                  If your name is something like Leonadis with lots of weird letters, then yes I think we have met in-game a few times in warfare
                  Yeah, I got to wear two different tags at the same time, so maybe that's a bit confusing. :O

Comment

Working...
                  X