• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    great!! more mods for PS3. This is really great future of this game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh also I would like to request more detailed documentation with better and more complete examples of how to cook the advanced mutators and also and most importantly character models for the PS3. I will be cooking all of EEs models when the PS3 bug is fixed and I really need that kind of documentation. The current doc is really insufficient for model cooking. Thanks Epic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tactical_Crisis View Post
    I've seen how there are some "complete mods" coming out for UT3 that (almost) completely change the game. I know that there are none out at the moment, but I was wondering if the mod cooking program will be able to make them work on the PS3. Is this possible, or am I kidding myself?

http://www.moddb.com/mods
    TC mods are not supported yet ... Epic would have to do a lot of work to make this happen. The stuff like UI support for the mutators, gametypes have their own unique config screens, character models working properly, custom sounds working correctly, support for very hi res textures ... so I honestly can't see TC mods that are created with PC tools ever working fully with the PS3. I think Epic will have to create a PS3 dev kit or dev set of tools or it may be that the PS3 version was never meant to be able to support TC mods.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PS3Mods.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sonyboy69 View Post
    Will the mods ever be directly downloadable to ps3? I have problems joining modded games. It always says "package **** not downloadable". Unless I am doing something wrong somehow, I think its obvious there is something going on because isn't it automatically suppose to download the mods?
    I don't think we will see this feature. It will take forever to download the maps from the host and they also need to be unpacked aswell.

If you get the "package Core not downloadable" message it means you entered a EU server which run a higher version # of UT3. Wait for the update in that case...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    too bad i cant play vs ps3 that will be great in the futher i hope btw great game and looks great too\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Complete Mods

I've seen how there are some "complete mods" coming out for UT3 that (almost) completely change the game. I know that there are none out at the moment, but I was wondering if the mod cooking program will be able to make them work on the PS3. Is this possible, or am I kidding myself?

http://www.moddb.com/mods

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will the mods ever be directly downloadable to ps3? I have problems joining modded games. It always says "package **** not downloadable". Unless I am doing something wrong somehow, I think its obvious there is something going on because isn't it automatically suppose to download the mods?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Undervinc View Post
    He i just wanna know if its legal to do map from halo or farcry or any game.
    there is already a Halo map.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...23&postcount=1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe if MS woulden't be as uptight as a sandy ****** then we could squeeze this **** out onto the 360 and let the real fraggin' start.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He i just wanna know if its legal to do map from halo
    or farcry or any game.its not about the bret hart thing
    timberland and bloodgulth.Why would it be legal on pc
    but not on the ps3...i dont think so!?you should know
    modder have to know cause i think they will be all scared
    because of that story?maybe you i not alowed to do an
    official message to tell this but i could be useful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
    Folks,

I just wanted to give you an update:

We're very close to releasing an update to the Unreal Engine 3 editor, that comes with the PC version of UT3, that will allow UT3 mod-makers to cook their mods into the required PS3 format. We've been doing some internal testing and we're hoping to expand to a wider group tomorrow or Friday. If all goes well then we should see the update released next week which is what I expect will happen. Obviously the process works, as we put out a few mods before Christmas and people seem to be playing them, but it is the update to the editor that we're testing.

Happy New Year!
    next update???????will we be able to have new head and custom sound for ps3???new vehicule.taunt,crouch.make move with the keyboard(hoverboard)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now Epic please fix the issue with models being cooked for the PS3....the model heads not showing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really nice update and very coool news.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will we ever have dodge for the PS3? I've been playing UT since 99 and I believe that dodging and translocating are the two major elements that make UT the game it is. Without those it feels like im playing Quake :P also, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but for some reason we cannot bind the shift key to anything when you connect a keyboard to the PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
    No I just don't know where to get the PS3 cooking tool for the PC? I don't see it in the first post of this thread...
    I believe you can get them here: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PS3Mods.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X