PS3 mod cooking update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djricekcn View Post
    To me, that's a very ignorant remark + just because we don't know doesn't mean we can't learn it. Also, they could've done is so that the editor is free for download if you can proove that you bought it, thought it's a bit too late on this one because they can't magically add serial numbers to your already bought ps3 version (for downloading purposes...kind of like DRM)
    I never said you couldn't learn how to map.

To the free download thing again, you know you are going to need all the Unreal content to run the editor right? How do you propose to get that off your PS3 disc and on to your PC so Epic doesn't have to give you the entire product free in that download?

Consoles are not for creating content!
    You bought a console product and are asking for PC software to be supplied with it.

If UED for some magic reason ran on the 360, would you expect a free 360 content creating tool because they can be converted to the PS3 version you bought?
    Of course not.

Comment

To the free download thing again, you know you are going to need all the Unreal content to run the editor right? How do you propose to get that off your PS3 disc and on to your PC so Epic doesn't have to give you the entire product free in that download?
      It doesn't matter, they could still have added it without having the vital game parts to make the game run. It doesn't need to be on the PS3, they couldn've either have the editor with the PS3 game, have it as a download for those who purchased it (via some sort of DRM or a like system), or even sell it for something like 5-10 dollars without needing to pay 49.99 (the whole game) to just use it for editing/moding.

Consoles are not for creating content!
      I wouldn't say that...look at Little Big Planet, or even RPG Maker and it's series. Though it's not the same level of editing, it's still creating content.

You bought a console product and are asking for PC software to be supplied with it.
      The reason why PS3 only owners are bickering is because they own the same title game, yet they can't do the same thing even though the option to use it is there. At least, that's how it is for me. AKA, i can't cook a map I want unless if I pest the creator to make it for the PS3 version, which can mean that they might not even do it, which results into further anger.

Comment

well now finally see why Consoles still suck in a way... its not possible for creating custom content on a console itself... (read: creating content on the console only without the work of a pc)
        Therefore you will always need a "PC" to do the "dirty" mod-work
        And yes a tool needs a gamecontent to use this content. And an editor with no resourses... well its a useless editor then right..? Unless you want to create the whole game yourself..ok

So on this case i agree with =UW=DEATHICIDE and his post above

BUT i also agree with the point that PS3 owners are unable to create the content themselves is prett annoying

So conclusion is that somewhere something went wrong.. :P

Comment

This is absolutely great news for the PS3 users. I have read up on the creativity on these forums and was in absolute amazement. I cant wait to play the mods and maps in the future releases.

Also, will it be possiable to upload skins that people have made on the PS3? If so, then I can get to work on this.

Comment

My question falls to exactly what kind of mods the PS3 will be able to run. Of course over time with PC UT3 we'll get total conversions and whatnot, but could that sort of thing be applied to the PS3 version? Near as I can tell, all the PS3 can handle are mutators and maps.

Comment

We all have to remember this game just came out m8s give this a try for a bit i am buying both the PC version and i have bought the PS3 version. I cant play UT3 on my pc yet i need a Graphic card upgrade big time but by the time i do ill be on the boards with my nick and still having a great time We paid for the game on the PS3 everything else is just a BONUS and a BIG one at that. Lets not be ungrateful that we are able to do any mods and mutators period as i am loving the ones that have been released for the ps3 as it is. I am very happy that there are going to be maps released for the ps3 it wasn't on UT championship so lets quit *****ing and let them and the modders and mappers do their job and enjoy what we can. If we can help in any way lets do it. We pay for the game itself on a console every thing else is a BONUS m8's don't take this in the spirit that it isn't intended either. I want extra content for my ps3 but i am willing to wait for it and help to get it if can. but i will be happy as hell when my pc can play this LOL

Comment

mark will the ps3 be able to play custom models and tc mods

Comment

accidental post...

Comment

Originally posted by djricekcn View Post
                    It doesn't matter, they could still have added it without having the vital game parts to make the game run. It doesn't need to be on the PS3, they couldn've either have the editor with the PS3 game, have it as a download for those who purchased it (via some sort of DRM or a like system), or even sell it for something like 5-10 dollars without needing to pay 49.99 (the whole game) to just use it for editing/moding.

I wouldn't say that...look at Little Big Planet, or even RPG Maker and it's series. Though it's not the same level of editing, it's still creating content.

The reason why PS3 only owners are bickering is because they own the same title game, yet they can't do the same thing even though the option to use it is there. At least, that's how it is for me. AKA, i can't cook a map I want unless if I pest the creator to make it for the PS3 version, which can mean that they might not even do it, which results into further anger.
                    Please tell me you diddn't just compare RPG maker and little big planet to UED

UED ships free if Epic says it does, its a bonus, they said no and everyone just has to respect that.
                    UED is their software and they could package it up on its own and remove it completely from UT, selling it on the side... if they wanted to.

Remember PC owners get ZERO use with their copy on the PS3.

PS3 owners get the full benefit of all the PC users long hard work.
                    Does it seem unfair for PS3 buyers when you compare the two?

I am a PS3 owner, I have used UED on previous UTs, and I knew it was in the PC version, yet I bought UT for my PS3 first.
                    As soon as I was confident that cross platform support was going to happen, I went and bought the PC version only to map.
                    I even went and ordered a new graphics card and more RAM just to make sure my time in UED will be up to standards, I do not need the upgrades for anything else and Id rather game on my station.
                    I would have gotten all the user created content free on the PS3, as every mapper will convert their content, its double the exposure...
                    but, for those of us who just have to play both, we also have to pay for both.
                    UT3 gives you something on the PS3 no other console game can claim,
                    %100 free content.

Just one basic map add-on for any other game would run you 7-14-24.99.
                    Epic could have sold those first free mods on the PSN and made some more money, but they diddn't.
                    They deliver to us, and for free.
                    This is the huge bonus you get with the console.
                    The PC crowd gets the editor, and huge UED fans like myself get to buy both. Don't think I am a well off guy either, I just love UT that much, and if you do too, man, just buy the PC version and support Epic.

Thats why posts demanding free copies of UED got to me...
                    I shelled out a hell of a lot more than 45 just to use UED, and I think I got something well worth it.
                    Then I see others who don't appriciate UED as much are mad they diddn't get it for free, and flaming Epic when we have every other developer who does multi platform titles treating the PS3 crowd like the 360s *****...

Comment

they cant release the editor for us ps3 user. afaik the editor *with* the textures etc. are way to big.
                      and ppls they wanted to make a (real) mod or map would pay another ut3 pc or play the game on the pc.

Comment

Me want faceclassic and bridge of fate

Comment

Mark,

As Always thank you for staying on top of it. I must say I have never in my life seen a dedicated VP such as yourself coming into the forum to give us updates and chat with us, that truly shows you are willing to perform beyond your minimum responsibilities.

I really can't wait to play mods like crossfire types on UT3 for PS3. That is absolutely fantastic.

Also thank you for having UT3 released before Christmas, It was the best Christmas gift I received. I remember how you came into the forums to give us reassurance your team was hard at work trying to release UT3 for PS3 before Christmas.
                          Truly Stealer.

Happy New Year!

Comment

Hey Mr. Mark Rein this patch will bring/fix pause and to record demos and watch them ?

Comment

Thats great news. Now if only Epic would work on the biggest flaw of ut3. The UI

Comment

Originally posted by HaLLiS View Post
                                Thats great news. Now if only Epic would work on the biggest flaw of ut3. The UI
                                Biggest Flaw is non-existent Cheat Protection - there is no good reason to even think about not adding Cheat Protection. Deathmatch Servers are full with botters - great work there Epic

Second biggest flaw btw IS the UI

Comment

Working...
                                X