Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

PS3 mod cooking update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark I know that this is EXTREMELY off topic, but I was wondering if you'd mind shedding some light on whether or not you guys would be able to add split-screen for PS3 down the road? If its not possible or likely just level with us...I'm dying to play with friends/family members at the same time.

Comment

Is there anyway you guys can release just a mod/cooker only for pc for the ps3 owners so that we don't need to down 50 dollars just to mod even if the mod application costs few dollars? I.E. like taking out all the necessary things to play it as a game and keeping in minimal to mods purpose only?

Comment

Originally posted by mikehc69 View Post
        Mark I know that this is EXTREMELY off topic, but I was wondering if you'd mind shedding some light on whether or not you guys would be able to add split-screen for PS3 down the road? If its not possible or likely just level with us...I'm dying to play with friends/family members at the same time.
        i agree with you man me and my brother play gears of war all the time on the xbox live,it would be really great if you guys would come up with a way to play this game split screen with friends and family.

Comment

O i don't wanna sound like i am not grateful thanks mark!!!!

Comment

Mark or other Epic staff, one more question

Is there anyway you can separate the MODS thread to PC and PS3 or somehow make the SEARCH function accept PS3? Currently, it doesn't accept PS3 because it's less than 4 letters

Comment

Great news Mark. But are you going to do anything about the mods crashing the game? =[

Comment

When is a PAtch coming for the PS3?

Hey Mark,

I know I complained and all in the beginning, but I actually apologize to your staff. However my complaints had alot of leverage and after talking to a game designer I understood on how important deadlines are and how publishers are hecklers for release dates. I know that putting in splitscreen would of taken a while along with the mod support. Business wise, Epic committed a smart move to not miss the holiday season in North America.

However there are 3 Huge problems still on the PS3 Version, that definitely need to be checked out:

1) Mic support is very shoddy. Can you make the Commication's voice activated, I.e. no button to talk?
                [ I am surprised because in GOW it was great]

2) Constant game freezes.
                [I thought it was mods, but alot of people are complaining stating," They have no mics and are connected to the PSN."]

3) Latency issues.
                [ I only find that the the midway servers have the greatest pings, but very few servers are actually decent. Alot of people do not host either because they find out thier game is laggy. Perhaps your team could share code or improve the PS3 talking to each other to reduce lag from the guys who made Warhawk. No offence.]

Great game and actually got alot of people to but the ps3 just to play the game. The problem however is that servers are dying off because people are getting "sick of" system freezes, lag, and playing a team game with no communication.

P.S. I actually bought the PC version just to make mods for the PS3. Good job on the marketing gimmic

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Mark and everyone at Epic.

Comment

Many Hazaas are in order. ^_^

Comment

that blows

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                      No, this is a feature of the PC version of the game and you need the content that comes with the PC version to make mods anyway so you need to own the PC version to make mods for either platform.
                      So us who purchased it for the PS3 get boned and have to go buy a pc version if we want to make mods. I think you guys should rethink that and offer it to us in a download.

craig k

Comment

Originally posted by craigny1 View Post
                        So us who purchased it for the PS3 get boned and have to go buy a pc version if we want to make mods. I think you guys should rethink that and offer it to us in a download.

craig k
                        Don't forget you paid 10 more dollars too

Comment

Originally posted by craigny1 View Post

craig k
                          Dude, the PS3 is a console. When people start being able to download executables and create video games on their consoles, then and only then, can you expect Epic to give you their editor for use on a console(which is already a free gift for PC owners as it is, you did not pay for it by buying the PC version and for sure not by buying the console version, the editor is a gift and has never had a price tag).
                          What you are asking for is completely unreasonable, as Mark said, you need the rest of the PC game to utilize the editor anyhow so the only people making bad choices around here are the wanna-be mappers who opted for the console version instead of the PC version, fully knowing that you cannot design or run any executables on a game console.

The only people getting boned around here are Epic and the community by having to put up with these posts.

Buy the PC version, don't you think the Editor is worth the $45?

If not, leave the mapping to those of us who understand that Unreal Tournament 3 is not a 2 for 1, and have fun with the maps we create, if you want to make your own so badly, you should have thought about that before you bought it for a console.

*To add, I just got an idea for Epic, hows about a special "cross-platform" package that has the PS3 game as well as the PC game and the tutorials disc included for a bit of a deal. This would drill home the point that the PC's UT and the editor are separate products from the PS3 version, as well as curb some PS3 user anger by offering a slight discount. I bought both separately happily, but if there was a "cross-platform developers edition" lets say, I would have bought that instead in a heartbeat.

Also, you guys really aren't exploiting this cross-platform/mod novelty in ads very much, half the PS3 players out there don't even understand what cross platform mods are, and when told, tend to get pretty damn excited about this new cross platform feature. Plus I think we all want at least one more UT3 ad, I have read quite a few posts so far now all saying how cool a UT user mods TV ad would be...*

Comment

YES!!!

3rd person Mod here I come!

Comment

Buy the PC version, don't you think the Editor is worth the $45?

If not, leave the mapping to those of us who understand that Unreal Tournament 3 is not a 2 for 1, and have fun with the maps we create, if you want to make your own so badly, you should have thought about that before you bought it for a console.
                              To me, that's a very ignorant remark + just because we don't know doesn't mean we can't learn it. Also, they could've done is so that the editor is free for download if you can proove that you bought it, thought it's a bit too late on this one because they can't magically add serial numbers to your already bought ps3 version (for downloading purposes...kind of like DRM)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                                No, this is a feature of the PC version of the game and you need the content that comes with the PC version to make mods anyway so you need to own the PC version to make mods for either platform.
                                Hmm. I have some experience with the Elder Scrolls construction set. I understand that it uses game data files ie. the 'content that comes with the PC version', but there's no reason the executable has to be included.

I don't see how you can't post the editor and requisite data to a site available to download for registered owners. There would be minimal cost to Epic and provide PS3 owners the tools needed to craft mods. There shouldn't be a cost as we've already paid more than PC players.

And as nice as this would be to have, I'd just prefer to be able to join a vCTF game without the game crashing forcing me to restart the PS3 or to see the message "Error. Your connection to the server was lost." 8 out of 10 times I try to join a Warfare server even when choosing the lowest ping.

Can we get an update please?

Comment

Working...
                                X