sick of non-playing clans? Read this ? [recruiting]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick of non-playing clans? Read this ? [recruiting]

Ok so... The problem is, I've been in a few clans. The best ever was purepwnage for CS:S, you had trainings, fun ppl etc.

I've allways wanted a good UT clan, because good ppl are hard to find, there are lot's of clanwhores and lot's of whiners. So i thought, let's join an over the top clan and i applied on The Art of War ( www.taw.net ).
    They let you be a recruit after a whooole lot of info and after a while, you can get a higher rank... seems good, now, the only downside is... NOBODY PLAYS UT3 !! I specificly asked to join for ut3 , and they barely play ut3.
    most trainings are for 2004, and the 1st devision of UT has 5 members (= UT99, 2004 and UT.)

This is not a flame message to TAW, i'm still gonna see how it evolves.

My main purpose of this message is for people like me:
    - who play UT3 about every day.
    - who's sick and tired of public noob teammates getting you killed.
    - who want's to learn descent tactics to own in warfare, CTF and TDM.
    - who just want's to have fun and doesn't want to fill in 100 forms.

Add me on xfire if you are interested in clanning with me: unrealtigris
    My clan website is http://www.arctic-gaming.co.nr

note: Looking for ppl in europe

I don't play everyday, but I'd play alot more if I had some teammates that actually used voice chat and formulated some strategy instead of running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I've been playing more CoD4 for xbox then anything else lately. I joined gamebattles so I could find some clans that are actually competing. I joined a clan that said they are competing, but they never practice, never set up scrimages, and don't seem to be even trying to get in on the tournament ladder.

Comment

As long as you play regularly, it's fine. Voice chat is no problem, we have a 50 slot TS. We might join a ladder some day, but we need members for UT3 if we want to play you know .

Comment

In most cases "owning" is opposite to "having fun".
        I play every day but I couldn't go through the hassle again of clan arrangements. In and out of pubs is still the most fun.

(fyi it's "wants")

Comment

Thats another problem with most clans

My idea of tactics isn't only 'pwning' other clans, but just know how to play the map, instead of running for 2 minutes to an enemy node, and then see that your team is looking around instead of taking the last node back.

Comment

make a forum clan lol.. atleast ya know it wud be active

Comment

Ahaah From Belgium me to
              I'll check it out

Comment

Seeing as it looks like you play warfare, try www.justwarfare.com. You might be able to attract the attention of top euro clans..

Comment

Originally posted by Rob.JW View Post
                  Seeing as it looks like you play warfare, try www.justwarfare.com. You might be able to attract the attention of top euro clans..
                  tnx i'll post something there

Comment

Comment

If you really want to play loads, play organised and compete against good players - join #UT3.CTF and so on at Quakenet - and participate in the pick-up matches. They have Teamspeak so it's usually on-par with a regular mix-team prac in terms of skill level/organisation.

Otherwise just hit up ClanBase, challenge some teams, and join the UT3 CTF hosted cup. You might even find some more members for your clan in that cup.

Also note that not having a screening process for applicants is a really bad idea.

Comment

I plays atleast an 1hr plus everyday and im into duel, tdm dm ctf and warfare NOT vCTF lol

Comment

Originally posted by Droniac View Post
                          If you really want to play loads, play organised and compete against good players - join #UT3.CTF and so on at Quakenet - and participate in the pick-up matches. They have Teamspeak so it's usually on-par with a regular mix-team prac in terms of skill level/organisation.

Otherwise just hit up ClanBase, challenge some teams, and join the UT3 CTF hosted cup. You might even find some more members for your clan in that cup.

Also note that not having a screening process for applicants is a really bad idea.
                          my idea is
                          - get members that play
                          - make a war squad and a fun squad (after having enough members)
                          - let ppl trial for the war squad
                          - let ppl have fun and be able to play with new ppl as a little community
                          - and maybe join a cup for the ppl that like wars

Comment

i'd love to join your clan.i left details on your link but i dont know if it registered.leave me a msg on here if your still recruiting.

Comment

Hi, I myself wanted to make a clan but ppl I've invited to the imagined clan after playin a few days with UT3 had shown serious disinterest. Now I'm considering to join one ...I've already added you to X-fire...discuss there if havent gone mad already because of me. -- I guess Im one of the public noobz u've mentioned before.

Comment

Working...
                              X