Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1075 servers, 782 players, numbers growig after holidays!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1075 servers, 782 players, numbers growig after holidays!

How many people were online before the holidays? I forget? I know someone said the numbers would surge after xmas......its climbing? isn't it?

I've found that there are a lot of servers but very few have a large number of players in them. The players seem to all gravitate towards two or three popular servers and the rest are either only occupied by a few players or none at all. With that in mind, I'm hoping that in the near future there'll be many more servers with lots of players in them.

Comment

i think they should send out free copies so more people will get expose to this game.....I played once when i got a new laptop and thought this was a fun wierd game...........at the time i wanted gears of war pc, but after playing this game for a while I like this game more than gears.....the funny thing is, I hate 1st person games.......this game just needs to get more people expose to it

Comment

The People joining Servers with already enough Players on it.
        So if you do something against it, join an empthy Server and wait. With every new Player that joins, the Playercount will increase faster and faster, because more People playing makes the Server more attractive to other Players.

Comment

Or more servers should just have appropriate numbers that aren't conducive to spamfests (see: 16-man DM servers and 32-man WAR servers).

Comment

imo, ffa dm games shouldn't have more than about 10-12 people in them (with the exception of DM-gateway). any more than 16 players in a FFA and I find myself grabbing the rl and holding down the trigger for an insta-win.

Comment

16 Player on a small map like Biohazard sucks for real, half of the Players running around with an Impact-hammer, and the Rest is just firing in random directions with the Biogun or the RL.
              But only 3 or 4 Players on big Maps like Gateway is kinda boring, too. You can walk around 5 minutes without seeing someone...

Comment

Originally posted by Rujman View Post
                Or more servers should just have appropriate numbers that aren't conducive to spamfests (see: 16-man DM servers and 32-man WAR servers).
                Absolutely.

Comment

Maybe after everything is fixed up... better UI, server browser, less buggy (although the game isn't buggy at all for me), Epic can release a new demo to try and get everyone's faith back. And perhaps this free demo could include a bit more than usual-- say 5 maps, all of varying types... and able to play with the full version of the game. It'd give us a crapload more people to play with, people playing some free UT, and hopefully provide a lot of people with a great experience which would end in them buying it.

Comment

Working...
                  X