Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by marilol View Post
    In your engine ini file there is a motion blur option that is set to false, maybe thats it?
    nope......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In your engine ini file there is a motion blur option that is set to false, maybe thats it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BoomSlang View Post
    Man I wish this were enabled. It's supposed to be. I really hope they add in the option to enable it in the next patch or so. Much more next-gen. My monitor is 2ms so I don't get that ****ty blur you guys get. If I did I'd be throwing up because of motion sickness- so yeah.
    **** right. Motion blur is one of the most hailed effects of present-gen games. I can understand why Epic would omit it for such a competitive game... but many of us like our graphics top-notch even if it places us at a minor disadvantage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Man I wish this were enabled. It's supposed to be. I really hope they add in the option to enable it in the next patch or so. Much more next-gen. My monitor is 2ms so I don't get that ****ty blur you guys get. If I did I'd be throwing up because of motion sickness- so yeah.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
    Looks a bit like the old LCD's, good work Epic, a 24ms LCD Emulator built in LOL.
    Exactly My old 15ms screen doesn't need motion blur, I have that automatically...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just did a quick check with the logs and the difference stated there between launching a map directly vs normal start is 2 things mainly.

Game class 'DemoGame' ... vs ... 'UTEntryGame'

'DemoPlayerController' ...... vs ... 'UTPlayerController'

so it seems it loads the game as a different class when launching a map directly. Haven't looked into other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope, don't like things blurry as things are already hard enough to make out. Keep the blur OUT of UT3!

eye candy < better game play!

Intentsly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WOoooooW ; That looks great ... I hope it will be "unlocked" for us PC gamers...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The game-mode-previewfunction in the ued has motionblur too. I think it's just disabled in the game because the shader is not loaded by the ut3.exe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks a bit like the old LCD's, good work Epic, a 24ms LCD Emulator built in LOL.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There has got to be a way for someone to figure out how to enable motion blur in the game, not just by launching a map. Somehow the default settings the Editor or perhaps the engine uses enables motion blur by default.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fyrburn View Post
    Not only is a TV different than a PC monitor, but it has the ability to know what comes next.
    A frame contains blurring of the last frame and the next one, so the transition looks seamless.
    In a game however, no system power can accurately predict the future.
    Thus, the blurring is more obvious and in some cases, quite hindering due to its on-the-spot generated nature.

No that's ridiculous ... Blur is affected by past pictures NOT future pictures ... your computer has just to remember the previous frames to generate the blur effect ...

Sorry but I have to step in ... A CAMERA DO NOT PREDICT FUTURE, STOP WATCHING SCI-FI MOVIES ...

A camera produces a blurry picture because it works more or less like an eye.

Objects do not warp in real world they move constantly, so at any time they reflect lights in your eyes and your retina keeps the blur.

TV do not use next pictures to generate blur effect nor look in a crystal ball, it is just because real cameras record blurred pictures, which is more or less what the eye is seeing. That is also why a movie in the theatre is nearly totally fluid EVEN AT 25 fps.

Your computer generates pictures in Unreal Tournament, it is not like a camera which is recording existing objects in real life. So the motion blur is a synthetic effect to make the picture look like if it was from a camera.

Sorry but it was the worst thing I read this week in a forum ...

In fact unless you can have a screen that has a refresh rate over 100-200 fps, "real" motion blur is more realistic and better.

Read this, PLEASE and please affirm things when you are sure that you know them ...

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frame...humans_see.htm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sekazi View Post
    Everything you watch on TV be it 480i or 1080p is blurred. Every single frame is blurred.
    Not only is a TV different than a PC monitor, but it has the ability to know what comes next.
    A frame contains blurring of the last frame and the next one, so the transition looks seamless.
    In a game however, no system power can accurately predict the future.
    Thus, the blurring is more obvious and in some cases, quite hindering due to its on-the-spot generated nature.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by clark kent View Post
    Why the hell do I want to see motion blur! Bah Humbug I want clarity **** it!
    Everything you watch on TV be it 480i or 1080p is blurred. Every single frame is blurred.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've known about this for a while... I thought this was just something bugged with my installation, because I thought that when you double click a map it was supposed to open and play like normal in UT2004.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X