Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Ikioi View Post
    I wish games didn't allow people to turn these effects off (not a problem on consoles, but I don't want to sidetrack). Effects are such in games that HDR, modern smoke effects, and motion blur all can really add to the challenge of a game, but if you're playing against people who just turn them all off, it's no fun.

Not having the ability to turn off eye candy in game settings would be very detrimental to a large portion of the gamers out there that do not have a powerful enough rig to handle it. PS3 is a given since they are all the same processing power wise, PC is not. I am of the opinion that every single little aspect should be configurable thus allowing the widest range of players to garner every bit of FPS they can out of their respective rigs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The motion blur looks to be done very well. I tried a few maps and it looked great. I really hope for a menu option in the future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm competitive benefit? naaah this is just for ppl who want more eye candy or a more immersive experience.
    i thought about it a while back, but you know how there are small bright lights on the armor? what if there were slight light trails on those lights? it would really be a neat effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rujman View Post
    What's the competitive benefit to motion blur? Or is it just eye candy?
    Most graphics effects in games don't have a competitive benefit.

I wish games didn't allow people to turn these effects off (not a problem on consoles, but I don't want to sidetrack). Effects are such in games that HDR, modern smoke effects, and motion blur all can really add to the challenge of a game, but if you're playing against people who just turn them all off, it's no fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rujman View Post
    It benefits anyone with it off and is eyecandy to anyone with it on.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have no idea why this isn't an option in the PC version, especially because it already works, and is in the PS3 version in gameplay...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, would have never thought of that!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah it kinda kills 5-10 of your fps,....esp if you play outdoor warfare map.
    i took some screens on a Holp map with my FPS in top left corner. There was no sudden performance dip at all, which is nice.
    [screenshot]400[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7283/holyblur01pa2.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9741/holpblur02ty0.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1830/holpblur03qe3.jpg[/screenshot]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems to me it hurts the fps kinda :P, must say I liked how the landscape pics looked but in all games there was motion blur and an option to turn it off I used it it looks nice but it's just not for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seriously, why wouldn't you want to make this an option?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by razor851 View Post
    QFT.

Motion Blur and UT3 should go hand in hand.
    Or "graphics option in graphics settings" . Can't get all the motion blur haters started =P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
    EPIC, PATCH IN MOTION BLUR FOR PC.
    QFT.

Motion Blur and UT3 should go hand in hand.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You got me so excited. I am a huge motion blur ****; It is my favorite post-processing effect and the biggest improvement in this generation of games imho.

EPIC, PATCH IN MOTION BLUR FOR PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh my god, don't you already feel dizzy enough with all the high World Detail lighting? :P But ok, looks nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X