No announcement yet.

Do you want to see some MOTION BLUR?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If youve ever watched the creation of a 3d movie or 3d special effect; Badboys II for example, they show you that at the very last overlay, they add a blur to the 3d Ferarri so that it will look fluid. If youve ever paused a movie with special effects, they add motion blur.
    with anime or quality cartoon animation they use a trasnsition frame. here is an example of 2 frames blended seamlessly in anime. Frame 1, then Frame1 + Frame2 at half opacity, then Frame2 at full opacity and repeat in squence.
    well uhh thats kinda off topic, but yeah...

dont be fooled by the pics, the level isnt CONSTANTLY blurry, that is the result of me running around and shaking my mouse while taking a picture; which is kinda hard with just 2 hands haha. It only blurs for the moment you swing your mouse past a certain measurment.

Comment

motion blur is a nice eyecandy effect,

it should be an option that is turnt off by default, if someone wants to play with it they can turn it on.(especially for playing in singleplayer)

Comment

Motion blur is a nice touch.

Love it sometimes.

Then I get dizzy.

Then the love hurts.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of graphics options, including this. It's a little hard to see everything in decent motion when the system can only churn out 20-40 FPS at a respectable resolution. If they implement it in such a way that it increases the amount of motion blur relative to how low the FPS is, I think I'd be able to stomach the low FPS better. As it is now, I've got to keep it at 640x480 to keep it above 40 FPS, which means pixel pop city. Would be cool to see a graphics configuration screen like there was in UT2004

Comment

this will look great for moviemaking =D

Comment

Why the hell do I want to see motion blur! Bah Humbug I want clarity **** it!

Comment

Originally posted by clark kent View Post
                Then you need Clear Eyes: http://www.cleareyes.com/

Comment

oh man. I think I'll pass. Just looking at those screenshots in thumbnail form made me a little queezy.

Comment

I've known about this for a while... I thought this was just something bugged with my installation, because I thought that when you double click a map it was supposed to open and play like normal in UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by clark kent View Post
                      Everything you watch on TV be it 480i or 1080p is blurred. Every single frame is blurred.

Comment

Originally posted by sekazi View Post
                        Everything you watch on TV be it 480i or 1080p is blurred. Every single frame is blurred.
                        Not only is a TV different than a PC monitor, but it has the ability to know what comes next.
                        A frame contains blurring of the last frame and the next one, so the transition looks seamless.
                        In a game however, no system power can accurately predict the future.
                        Thus, the blurring is more obvious and in some cases, quite hindering due to its on-the-spot generated nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrburn View Post
                          Not only is a TV different than a PC monitor, but it has the ability to know what comes next.
                          A frame contains blurring of the last frame and the next one, so the transition looks seamless.
                          In a game however, no system power can accurately predict the future.
                          Thus, the blurring is more obvious and in some cases, quite hindering due to its on-the-spot generated nature.

No that's ridiculous ... Blur is affected by past pictures NOT future pictures ... your computer has just to remember the previous frames to generate the blur effect ...

Sorry but I have to step in ... A CAMERA DO NOT PREDICT FUTURE, STOP WATCHING SCI-FI MOVIES ...

A camera produces a blurry picture because it works more or less like an eye.

Objects do not warp in real world they move constantly, so at any time they reflect lights in your eyes and your retina keeps the blur.

TV do not use next pictures to generate blur effect nor look in a crystal ball, it is just because real cameras record blurred pictures, which is more or less what the eye is seeing. That is also why a movie in the theatre is nearly totally fluid EVEN AT 25 fps.

Your computer generates pictures in Unreal Tournament, it is not like a camera which is recording existing objects in real life. So the motion blur is a synthetic effect to make the picture look like if it was from a camera.

Sorry but it was the worst thing I read this week in a forum ...

In fact unless you can have a screen that has a refresh rate over 100-200 fps, "real" motion blur is more realistic and better.

Read this, PLEASE and please affirm things when you are sure that you know them ...

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frame...humans_see.htm

Comment

There has got to be a way for someone to figure out how to enable motion blur in the game, not just by launching a map. Somehow the default settings the Editor or perhaps the engine uses enables motion blur by default.

Comment

Looks a bit like the old LCD's, good work Epic, a 24ms LCD Emulator built in LOL.

Comment

The game-mode-previewfunction in the ued has motionblur too. I think it's just disabled in the game because the shader is not loaded by the ut3.exe

Comment

Working...
                                X