Do you want to see some MOTION BLUR?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    oh man. I think I'll pass. Just looking at those screenshots in thumbnail form made me a little queezy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by clark kent View Post
    Why the hell do I want to see motion blur! Bah Humbug I want clarity **** it!
    Then you need Clear Eyes: http://www.cleareyes.com/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why the hell do I want to see motion blur! Bah Humbug I want clarity **** it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this will look great for moviemaking =D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of graphics options, including this. It's a little hard to see everything in decent motion when the system can only churn out 20-40 FPS at a respectable resolution. If they implement it in such a way that it increases the amount of motion blur relative to how low the FPS is, I think I'd be able to stomach the low FPS better. As it is now, I've got to keep it at 640x480 to keep it above 40 FPS, which means pixel pop city. Would be cool to see a graphics configuration screen like there was in UT2004

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Motion blur is a nice touch.

Love it sometimes.

Then I get dizzy.

Then the love hurts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    motion blur is a nice eyecandy effect,

it should be an option that is turnt off by default, if someone wants to play with it they can turn it on.(especially for playing in singleplayer)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If youve ever watched the creation of a 3d movie or 3d special effect; Badboys II for example, they show you that at the very last overlay, they add a blur to the 3d Ferarri so that it will look fluid. If youve ever paused a movie with special effects, they add motion blur.
    with anime or quality cartoon animation they use a trasnsition frame. here is an example of 2 frames blended seamlessly in anime. Frame 1, then Frame1 + Frame2 at half opacity, then Frame2 at full opacity and repeat in squence.
    well uhh thats kinda off topic, but yeah...

dont be fooled by the pics, the level isnt CONSTANTLY blurry, that is the result of me running around and shaking my mouse while taking a picture; which is kinda hard with just 2 hands haha. It only blurs for the moment you swing your mouse past a certain measurment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sekazi View Post
    It only happens for a fraction of a second when turning really fast. It does not affect gameplay or the graphics. It just makes the game feel more fluid.
    Well the game always feels fluid to me with all graphics on high. During that fraction of a second I would wonder why my game suddenly decided to look like ****.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dinkledorf View Post
    Not having the ability to turn off eye candy in game settings would be very detrimental to a large portion of the gamers out there that do not have a powerful enough rig to handle it. PS3 is a given since they are all the same processing power wise, PC is not. I am of the opinion that every single little aspect should be configurable thus allowing the widest range of players to garner every bit of FPS they can out of their respective rigs.
    I totally understand that, it's just disappointing that it's not really possible to have it both ways on PC. I don't think you can really get around it on PC because of the reasons you mentioned.

Personally I really wonder what's going to happen when games have stuff like really lush fields of grass, or truly volumetric smoke / water effects. But maybe by then it will be more the difference of volumetric smoke ultra realistic to volumetric smoke still realistic but slightly less so.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sekazi View Post
    Well movies also duplicate the frame several times to make it fluid. Although the movie is 25fps it is really 72fps after it duplicates the frame 3 times.

It only happens for a fraction of a second when turning really fast. It does not affect gameplay or the graphics. It just makes the game feel more fluid.
    That was my point, motion blur helps alot making the animation looking more fluid. But is motion blur enough well implemented in games to not cause any eye strain ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zasz View Post
    Can someone please explain why I would want to look at a level that is blurry?
    'cuz itz be mad 1337 yo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well movies also duplicate the frame several times to make it fluid. Although the movie is 25fps it is really 72fps after it duplicates the frame 3 times.

Originally posted by Zasz View Post
    Can someone please explain why I would want to look at a level that is blurry? If you want your game to look worse turn your texture settings down...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can someone please explain why I would want to look at a level that is blurry? If you want your game to look worse turn your texture settings down...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rujman View Post
    What's the competitive benefit to motion blur? Or is it just eye candy?
    You know that the only reason that a movie in the theatre could be fluid with only 25 fps is because of motion blur ?

The eye can be fooled with only 25 fps, but games do not project pictures with motion blur like the recorded pictures have ...

If you could have a realistic motion blur in a game it would be fluid at 25fps...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X