Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative X-Fi users - Game mode equalizer settings for UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative X-Fi users - Game mode equalizer settings for UT3?

Any of you guys out there with X-Fi sounds cards, could you please share your settings in Game mode? What eq your running (custom values etc) and what speaker setup, and so on. UT3 sounds REALLY great. Just want 2 see if i can make it even better

you only need to adjust treble to 75% - 100%, and sound will be fine. You dont need the equalizer. If you want more bombastic sound turn on crystalizer.

Comment

During game mode there is no direct way of changing treble, is there? I can't find it, anyway.

In the equalizer, could you describe the shape of the imagined wave formed by the gauges? :P

Comment

default here

Comment

Trebel is adjustable in the windows vollume control panel. In XP, you have to enable "enhanced" in the menue, and under the play control slider there will be an button for treble and bass options.

In vista its different, there you dont have to enable this extra button, but its not easy to find bass and trebel control in the frist time.

Comment

There was an X-Fi pack released for UT2004 which gave the game specific audio improvements for those with X-Fi cards. Hopefully the same will come out for UT3.

I turn up EAX and the leave the Crystalizer off.

Comment

Does this mean you can play with hardware openal enabled and it doesnt cause your game to crash? If so what variant of the card are you using?

Edit: Just seen your sig. Will have to look at the drivers for the platinum to see if they are any different to the fata1ity

Comment

Originally posted by Conroy View Post
                There was an X-Fi pack released for UT2004 which gave the game specific audio improvements for those with X-Fi cards. Hopefully the same will come out for UT3.

I turn up EAX and the leave the Crystalizer off.
                It was sound enhanced by dSonic for creative -it made use of the 128 voice sound ability of the then newly released x-fi cards, quite a few other EAX 5.0 patches were released for other games too. Don't think we'll get the same effort again unless creative launch a new card. I think UT3 supports 32 voice currently, unless anyone knows different.

Comment

My xtremegamer doesn't crash either. Try uninstalling, booting into safemode, driver sweeper, and installing the latest drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                    It was sound enhanced by dSonic for creative -it made use of the 128 voice sound ability of the then newly released x-fi cards, quite a few other EAX 5.0 patches were released for other games too. Don't think we'll get the same effort again unless creative launch a new card. I think UT3 supports 32 voice currently, unless anyone knows different.
                    You can change the amount of max channels. I use 128, for the hell of it :d

(Changes done in .ini)

Comment

The crystallizer is only meant to be used to put some umph back into highly compressed mp3s, I wouldn't recommend it for use with anything else, and it's not a substitute for getting actual high quality lossless music

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                        The crystallizer is only meant to be used to put some umph back into highly compressed mp3s, I wouldn't recommend it for use with anything else, and it's not a substitute for getting actual high quality lossless music
                        The crystalizer is a normalizer, wich will produce High quality sound.
                        You should turn on these settings if it sounds good. Its purposed to be used if you want, not only for mp3 playback.

Comment

I have an XtremeMusic (older, OEM, got it cheap as chips) and it works fine. Crystalizer @ 100% for the awesomeness.

Comment

my xfi extremegamer works just fine (openAL enabled) not sure why people are crashing. I'm going to have to try to turn up the voices to 128 in the ini, sounds fun.

Comment

My x-fi fatality card crashes every so often if I have openal enabled in UT3...

Comment

Working...
                              X