prime node is under attack !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prime node is under attack !!

female speaker would be cool if she could tell us that.

Don't get me started! Too late. I really really miss the sexy announcer from 2k4. If that's not in a future patch I'm gonna be ticked (ok I'll forget about it, but it would be cool).

Anyone who wants to support the idea go here and voice your thoughts:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586304

I don't even know if that's what you really meant, sorry to take over your thread,

Comment

nah that's not what i meant
      but i admit i wasn't too explicit too.

what i mean is prime node is very very important. loosing it will leave the core unprotected and also on some maps make loose of side nodes.

on torlan if a team got west node and tank node. if that team loses prime node, they are loosing all their three nodes at the same time ! so i think it's an important thing that the speaker should say. she could alsodo some sexy voice over it that wouldn't bother me

Comment

The voice announcements on Warfare can cause some confusion to new players I think.
        Many times you get people running off with the orb to the next node as soon as you have captured one, instead of defending the one you just captured for a bit until your team has spawned to help assist & defend it.

I think sometimes it gets bugged also as I've heard it telling me to defend the centre node when it wasn't even being attacked (or the map shows it as not being attacked) & I could have attacked the enemy prime, & I myself am thinking which bloody way am I supposed to run

The announcer can also cause confusion on maps like Floodgate & Serenity etc. It tells the orb carrier to goto the mine or countdown node as soon as prime is captured instead of capturing the next node inline to the enemy core.
        It should really be giving you an option at that point imo, not telling you which one to goto.

Another thing I would like to see added to the announcer is when someone is idling or runs to the core with the orb etc, it should tell them to get their *** back to a node & that they aren't carrying a powerup or a bomb

Comment

You're right, Spine. 90% of the players forget about the prime when they are pushing forwards to the next node, especially on Torlan. A new announcer command would definitely come in handy, cause desperately typing "prime!!111 argh!!" when I end up defending it alone doesn't help very much in my experience. :P

Comment

Now that I'm sure what we're talking about hehe, I agree. The prime node doesn't get enough respect from the announcer. Maybe it could give a red flash (like when you're hit) or shake the screen a little when it's under attack. Or as you said give it a female voice (which is so rare in this game). I'm sure they'll be updating the announcer options in the future.

Comment

She actually says "Attack the Prime Node" both when you're supposed to attack their prime node and also when yours is under attack.

Lazy I say! :P

Comment

Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
                You're right, Spine. 90% of the players forget about the prime when they are pushing forwards to the next node, especially on Torlan. A new announcer command would definitely come in handy, cause desperately typing "prime!!111 argh!!" when I end up defending it alone doesn't help very much in my experience. :P
                yeah it's hard to defend prime node alone with those spma arround !
                sometimes i'm protecting prime node inside the shelter on torlan with the orb while there are two spma shooting at prime node. and some guy come to me, shoots me with shock rifle beam and say : orb camper attack side node moron !

LoL

what's cool is to see spma kill those guys

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                Now that I'm sure what we're talking about hehe, I agree. The prime node doesn't get enough respect from the announcer. Maybe it could give a red flash (like when you're hit) or shake the screen a little when it's under attack.
                i noticed not so long ago a tiny message was written on the screen when prime node was attacked. but compared to it's importance and the lack of defense on most servers i think it needs to be written in caps and wide !! needs more respect like you said

Comment

Man, I know what you mean SpineShank. I think a message on screen, in flashing orange text should appear "RETAKE YOUR PRIMARY BEFORE YOUR TEAM LOSES SUCKAH!"......but then again, everyone might not like that.

Comment

That might be annoying on a few of the maps where there's only a prime node (ie sink hole, tank crossing, etc)

Comment

It would, but would it encourage newbies to hit the primary quicker so the message is not displayed anymore?

Comment

There should be mod with the mortal kombat announcer like in UC2 that was wicked.

Comment

Originally posted by z000z View Post
                          That might be annoying on a few of the maps where there's only a prime node (ie sink hole, tank crossing, etc)
                          that's true. but not if there is a delay or something.

you get the warning as soon as your prime node gets attacked. then there could be a 15 or more seconds delay until the next voice warning. after the 15 seconds delay if your prime node is still under attack you will get the same warning message. just an idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X