Where is Anubis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Anubis?

Just beat the game and im suprised to find Anubis isnt in the game? .....guess ill just have to put in a Mod request .... BTW tell me theres more than just two characters to unlock with codes

ya, no egyptian people are

Comment

You can unlock them all through the console, normally I wouldn't condone cheating but the single player is literately the same exact game matches replayed over and over with slightly higher score requirements, and terrible bots.

And yeah, unfortunately they cut all Nakhti (Egyptians) from the game. Also Malcom, Xan, Brock... Basically everyone. It sucks. I like Bishop though, but apperently everyone online is Bishop.

Comment

They even got rid of those teddy bears with the messed up legs 8 (

Comment

Originally posted by EffeKt View Post
          Uhm, care to clarify? You totally confused me there.

Comment

It's kind of difficult to imagine 2k4's Egyptian characters in UT3's art style. No matter how much their looks might be improved, I don't think they'd fit in to this version of the Unreal universe without a serious redesign.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass4819 View Post
              You can unlock them all through the console, normally I wouldn't condone cheating but the single player is literately the same exact game matches replayed over and over with slightly higher score requirements, and terrible bots.
              and how might one do that exactly?

Comment

I wouldn't think Selkit, Roc, or my personal favorites Scarab, and Diva woulda fit at all really. They made this game Gears of War Jr. really, which sucks. If I wanted to play that I'd just play that, they didn't have to remake it visually with UT3.

However I think Anubis could easily be switched into UT3, and maybe Horus. Anubis is darkly colored, wears bulky armor, and does have that whole war torn look that every character in UT3 has. (UT2k4 characters were very colorful and cleaned up, UT3 characters look like they just got thrown through 4-5 consecutive panes of glass)

Also you could even give him the optional Anubis helmet. Nothing too flashy but it would fit in fine with the customization trend.

However the one character I'm really suprised didn't make it, from the Egyptians that is, is the newer Sobek. Hes armored, hes grizzled, he looks old and tired like every UT3 character, and really his armor isn't that Egyptian.

Comment

got it... unlockallchars

Comment

Originally posted by EffeKt View Post
                    No, that's the only kind of thing they left in! They're all teddy bears with messed up legs!

Comment

Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
                      No, that's the only kind of thing they left in! They're all teddy bears with messed up legs!
                      I think he is talking about the ones that run really fast in unreal championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
                        It's kind of difficult to imagine 2k4's Egyptian characters in UT3's art style. No matter how much their looks might be improved, I don't think they'd fit in to this version of the Unreal universe without a serious redesign.
                        That's why they'd use the Nahkti from UC2, who would fit in perfectly...
                        Ultimately, if Anubis were in UT3, Lauren would have to be Necris, because Anubis was never in the Tournament until after winning the Ascension Rites Tourney. They could use a slightly younger Sobek, if they needed to...

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                          Uhm, care to clarify? You totally confused me there.
                          you know those teddy bears in ut2k4...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                            That's why they'd use the Nahkti from UC2, who would fit in perfectly...
                            Ultimately, if Anubis were in UT3, Lauren would have to be Necris, because Anubis was never in the Tournament until after winning the Ascension Rites Tourney. They could use a slightly younger Sobek, if they needed to...
                            It COULD be wartime for them remember? I remember the opening scene... barely.

Dunno.. someone make up a story about mercenaries etc etc and.. OH look its Anubis!/Sobek! (before all the drama :P)

Comment

What about the Nali WarCow then!

Ok, so that was only UT99.

Comment

Working...
                              X