Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An early Vid of UT3 I found

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    An early Vid of UT3 I found

    I was dicking about on youtube and came accross this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvHK...eature=related
    Was there a full campaign mode planned that got scrapped? Looks interesting, I would have liked a campaign like this in the game rather than just the multiplayer with bots that is in the final version.

    #2
    Seems like when games get lots of delays, it turns out that they wasted tons of time working on elements that eventually got scrapped. As opposed to say, finishing the things that didn't.

    Comment


      #3
      wow that's really early vid

      Comment


        #4
        haha was looking at the links and saw this 300 spoof
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVShp...eature=related

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Vzur View Post
          Seems like when games get lots of delays, it turns out that they wasted tons of time working on elements that eventually got scrapped. As opposed to say, finishing the things that didn't.
          I so agree. Now, looking at the old tech demos that had really elaborate things going on in them while someone hypes technology never to be seen in the eventual UT3 release, I get pretty irritated. When a company spends as much time making this sort of showcase material, and then skimps on almost every aspect of the released game, you've got to feel a bit cheated.

          As much as I love UT3, it wasn't what we were promised for so long. Not even close.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MTL View Post
            haha was looking at the links and saw this 300 spoof
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVShp...eature=related
            lol

            10chars

            Comment


              #7
              i remember that, it's amazing to see that the game was almost done and playable 3 years ago, cuz I remember seeing that in like april 2005

              Comment


                #8
                I don't think that was a campaign, it looks like a demo they whipped together for that event.

                Comment


                  #9
                  All that pretty color.. scraped for a trillion shades of brown and grey.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Elduke View Post
                    I was dicking about on youtube and came accross this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvHK...eature=related
                    Oh for ****'s sake! You mean to tell me that they were this far along with a campaign and/or Assault and they dropped it?! If they aren't going to finish it then they should give that demo to the mod community.

                    Originally posted by MTL View Post
                    haha was looking at the links and saw this 300 spoof
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVShp...eature=related
                    Awesome vid, but it kinda angers me. I want "M-M-M-Monster Kill" and "Holy ****!" back. Why did you take them away Epic?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yup we got robbed for sure. Thats why you will only find a handfull of servers with people playing at PEAK times.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I REALLY don't think that's a campaign, it was probably a demo level for whatever event it was featured at.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I remember when Epic said that they would include maps that were 3 to 4 times larger than the UT2004 Onslaught maps for Warfare. Warfare to me is just a over elaborate Onslaught. The maps are not that big at all.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Ethyn View Post
                            All that pretty color.. scraped for a trillion shades of brown and grey.
                            Yep.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I bet it was gonna be assault =(

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X