asus bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asus bios

Can someone tell me how to update my motherboard bios. I downloaded them and unzipped them But thats all I didn't have a manual to tell what to do now lol

You need flashing software. Asus has something called... Update... can't remember. You just load bios in it and press flash and pray it works
    They often recommend doing this from clean boot disk but if you never done that before just go with a windows tool, it works quite well.

Comment

i have an older asus vintage mobo. i think they use something called Asus Update..but honestly it didnt work for Vista...so icant really help you there

Comment

Why do you need to update your BIOS? It usually works without a hitch, but a failure can ruin your mobo forever (as I understand).

Comment

You have to create a bootable update floppy disk and boot your computer from it. Then follow the onscreen instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
            Why do you need to update your BIOS? It usually works without a hitch, but a failure can ruin your mobo forever (as I understand).
            Maybe to install newer processor that was not around when the board was manufactured etc. Failed flash doesn't ruin the mobo, it can be fixed, some have even backup bios that can be used.

Comment

Throw it on a USB Flash Drive and goto BIOS and run the BIOS Update Utility. That is if you have a semi new motherboard. Do not used Windows based update utilities as it has a strong likelyhood of corrupting your BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
                You have to create a bootable update floppy disk and boot your computer from it. Then follow the onscreen instructions.
                I wouldn't bother, use Asus Update or whatever it's called. I flashed my Asus board many times from windows, never had any issues. Once I just got a bit scared, I forgot to shutdown winamp and when I pressed flash the music stopped playing. I was like WTF for a second

Comment

Just a little heads up, if you have a m2n32-sli deluxe, do not update to the latest bios (1503) as it has a bug in it which sets your mobo HT link to 1x (and you can't change it) when it should run at 5x, this really slows down your pc..

If your going to update the bios update to the latest 'safe' version which is 1201. You can use the asus update program, (also dont use the MyLogo extra application it gives you it can kill your mobo) the latest updates from asus seem to be a shambles..

Comment

Originally posted by oilkann View Post
                    Can someone tell me how to update my motherboard bios. I downloaded them and unzipped them But thats all I didn't have a manual to tell what to do now lol
                    Go to ASUS website and download the manual in PDF format. You will need a floppy disk and floppy drive. But, you need the exact procedure for your board, make sure you have the board model and rev from what is printed on it. You should have gotten the manual the same time you downloaded the bios update. Double check you have the right one. Updating your bios is not without some risk. You only do it if you really must.

Comment

Working...
                    X