UT2004 Be able to Update to UT3?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Be able to Update to UT3?.

Well I have to say UT3 looks really **** good for a First Person shooter game. I have a questions about this along with UT2004. For gamers who already have or own UT2004 are they able to upgrade to UT3 and if so, How would they be able to do it.?

Originally posted by CynTek View Post
    Well I have to say UT3 looks really **** good for a First Person shooter game. I have a questions about this along with UT2004. For gamers who already have or own UT2004 are they able to upgrade to UT3 and if so, How would they be able to do it.?
    yep, spend $50 and buy UT3...lol

but seriously there is no "upgrade" feature, only way is to just buy the new game outright

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      yep, spend $50 and buy UT3...lol

but seriously there is no "upgrade" feature, only way is to just buy the new game outright
      this is not what he ment.
      He is question is: How do you upgrade UT2004 to UT3 while keeping all features from UT2004?
      correct if I'm wrong

Comment

They are 2 different games, UT3 doesn't 'replace' UT2k4. And you can't get a discount on UT3 for owning UT2k4.

Comment

Well, That sucks big donkey balls. UT2k4 should be updated to UT3, But, that is just my opinion!. well im just going to have install ut2k4 and update it in linux for free. Since UT series are made for Linux User as well.

Comment

there is no upgrade
            you will have to buy the full game at the full price

Comment

Well, That sucks big donkey balls. UT2k4 should be updated to UT3, But, that is just my opinion!. well im just going to have install ut2k4 and update it in linux for free. Since UT series are made for Linux User as well.
              I still have no clue what you are talking about.

Comment

if it was based on the same engine it may be possible to upgrade to ut3 but the game uses a brand new engine... making it not as simple as in adding more maps etc...

Comment

CynTek, I'm not sure games ever offer an upgrade option when coming out with a completely new title, except maybe the 2k3/2k4 mess (I wasn't there so I'm not sure). UT3 was made essentially from the ground up with all new material. I think they deserve another $50. Especially when you think about games like WoW when you have to pay every month to play. It makes UT3 sound cheap.

Comment

Why? Does any other game "update" to the next game in its series?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
                      I still have no clue what you are talking about.
                      don't worry... neither does CynTek.

that person assumes that because Linux has the ability to update packages, that the "feature" affects everything installed on it.

Comment

Only, if UT3 was an expansion pack, but its not.

Comment

This isn't an OS lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Goobers View Post
                            don't worry... neither does CynTek.

that person assumes that because Linux has the ability to update packages, that the "feature" affects everything installed on it.
                            Umm, ok LOL.

Comment

This post has a few extra chromosomes...

Comment

Working...
                              X