X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3: One Month On

Came across this on N4G.

"Avid Gamer look into why Unreal Tournament 3 is supposedly dead. With worrying statistics at the helm as well as analysis upon those statistics, its a stark and harsh reality for the game."

Thought it was an interesting read. http://www.avidgamer.co.uk/index.php...-Month-On.html

One month on and the game still is buggy. OpenAL is completely broke and Creative or Epic haven't done anything to resolve it. It really is BS that to play a game these days, you have to wait for months so it can be patched and function correctly.

Comment

sadly to read this but its true

im a unreal fan since ut99 and work hard with www.UnrealBase.de for the community and bring it to the masses but ithnk self atm the unreal times is over

this is sadly and break my heard

Comment

It's pretty much always been that way. The developers have to make a game for the PC that has to be compatible with many different kinds of hardware, so it's going to have bugs. Just try and focus on the gameplay (unless you're one of the unlucky few with fatal bugs).

My opinion after a month? Great game Epic! I love it more now than ever before. The community's growing. The players are getting more skilled allowing for some amazing matches. And I don't know about everyone, but the people I play with are eager to switch teams if they needs balancing, so almost every match we play is epic ( pardon my pun).

Comment

I just kinda skimmed the article. I'm not worried about it. The total number of players on at a given time isn't important to me, except that I want epic to make money on it. I can always find a good match.

I didn't buy UT2004 until after it'd been out for a long time. If, as according to this article, UT3 has a lot of competition, then perhaps people will be getting into the game late. It's only been a month people! Not everyone likes to buy games the momemt they come out. It is what it is, just play the game!

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy2963 View Post
            One month on and the game still is buggy. OpenAL is completely broke and Creative or Epic haven't done anything to resolve it. It really is BS that to play a game these days, you have to wait for months so it can be patched and function correctly.
            As far as I'm concerned, this game is still a beta. It's been released way too early and considering we've paid good money for it, we're not getting the support from Epic that we should be.

If the game does end up failing miserably, Epic have themselves to blame for releasing an unstable product and for not properly trying to address the problem by getting more involved with the members of this board.

I've had this game for around a month and I still cannot play it. There's plenty of other people in the same situation and especially when you consider that lots of kids have probably been given a copy for Christmas, there's probably a fair number of them that are quite disappointed and rightly so.

At the very least, we deserve to be informed as to what is being done to resolve many of the issues people are having. It's simply not good enough to have the support of the community (which has been great) with almost silence from Epic.

The crashing/freezing/connection failed issues especially should be a top priority. Any other fix simply should not have time dedicated to it whilst there's a big slice of people who cannot even play the game yet.

Comment

dont think it's the bugs and stuff that prevent ppl from buying /playing. The casual gamer doesn't even know about the "bugyness" of the game so...it's all those kids going nuts over real world terrorist games like cod4..

Comment

Working...
              X