Meet the Aussies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet the Aussies

Hi this page is for Australian players to share a bit about themselves, so that when we see each other around the posts we know who each other are.
    Matfei has started a database. Details for it are your state of residence, fave type of match (DM,TDM,CTF,WAR etc.) and nick you use in game Feel free to leave your xfire details if you wish to. Existing database is located on page 6 of this thread. Play the Aussies Click here to find out times of upcoming matches and suggest times you would like. For those looking for an Australian clan to join AussieUT3 or there are many aussie clans looking for members on www.oceaniaut.com If there are Australian Mappers or Modders please make yourself known too. Lastly if there is anything you'd like to see here that I havent mentioned, then please let me know so I can edit this post to include everyones wishes. Thank you We are a freestyle board so there is no "off topic" share whatever you wish with us

I'm Fragtastic 34 m adelaide. Fave gametype TDM. In game nicks Fragtastic1 or wookittome. Loved UT since 99 but I guess my reflexes were better then too lol. Still love the game. I also love my motorbikes although shamefully mine is off the road as I stupidly decided to buy a caravan this year, then spent a packet on independent power and the like for "go anywhere" camping. Still thats been fun too.
    Looking forward to meeting you all and see ya all round!

lol, i'm aussie too. My fav UT is still UT1. I own every Unreal series game made. For a while i was sure that ut3 sucked, but then i figured out how to reduce mouse lag and ut3 has risen up to become 2nd place to ut1 on my list. (Where before it was dead last, mouse lag can do that you know)

Anyways, my location is Sydney Australia, but "behind you with a knife" sort of sounds more interesting......

Comment

cool theironknuckle my girlfriend is from sydney. Actually shes been up there the last couple of weeks, wish I was too lol. behind you with a knife does sound more interesting. I love your sig too, when you said you were aust. I rememed seeing you round coz of this sig

Comment

Hi from Melbourne. 40 year old dude here who's been playing Unreal since 1998 (that's before it became a "tournament"). Loving UT3 ... I don't understand why so many people are not happy with it ... people just seem to have their own opinions about what they think it should be versus what how it actually is. For me, it's a full on fragging fest and a blast! Bugs? What bugs? It rocks! And that's on Vista too.

Comment

Hi, I'm an Aussie as well, from Brisbane originally but living in Dublin, Ireland at the moment. Am 32 and been a gamer since the good ol' days of the NES, and I've enjoyed Epic games for a while as well as Quake and others. Current faves would have to be UT3, CoD4 (PS3), Mass Effect and Gears to name but a few.

My main computer, Intel iMac (which runs UT3, Crysis, CoD4, Bioshock, etc. just fine), isn't online yet but it will be soon (using my girlfriends laptop at the mo).

Comment

freddy i find it most upsetting that on gamerankings.com UT is rated 9th and UT2k4 Is rated 17th for all pc games yet ut3 doesnt even show up in the top 200 Nice to meet you and andy too.

Comment

<andy_chris02>Work Mac: Mac Pro - Two 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, 8G RAM, 2 x 500GB H/Drives, 2 x Apple Cinema HD Displays <---- sheesh that sounds like quite a rig My last apple was a monochrome macintosh many years ago lol. Im on notebook too as its all I have, this one is a dell xps m1710 with 4GB ram C2D 2.33Ghz and 500MB nvidia gtx7950 would have liked alienware but it all got a bit pricey for me, still gotta get that bike back on the road lol. Got another lappy too but shes a P4 and getting long in the tooth.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm a young aussie who resides in Adelaide, where two of the most POPULAR Warfare servers in the world are currently running: Internode and GamingSA. Who would've thought =) And there's around 15 aussies in the top 50, which is a great thing I believe. Shows the world that we're serious about our UT, and if Rudd actually improves the broadband here (which I heard he already fudged up) then hopefully we'll be fragging the foreigners more =)

~Jubis

Comment

Excellent thank you jubis .moonjuice please post links for users and nice to see another adelaide guy. Good to hear that we have some top notch players out there, im definitely not one of them pmsl

Comment

If you guys aren't already members you should hookup with the rest of us aussie players at www.oceaniaut.com

Comment

Great thank you Pazza, keep em coming guys, if it relates to playing UT3 in Australia it belongs here, and tell us a bit about yourselves too

Comment

Im Aussie...live in Queensland in Gladstone...tiny lil town of a population of around 25,000 maybe 30...im 16 years old...been playin since Unreal...saw dad playin it when i was a kid and thought id play it too, been playin the series since then...
                        and im Death_Storm369 in UT3

Comment

Heya fellow Aussies!

I'm a 29yo male living in Brisbane and working in visual effects for film. I've been playing Unreal since the day before the original Unreal Tournament was released (was working in games retail). This is the first Unreal I've played online though - never had a good enough internet connection

This is my favorite in the series, despite the minor complaints

Comment

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                            cool theironknuckle my girlfriend is from sydney. Actually shes been up there the last couple of weeks, wish I was too lol. behind you with a knife does sound more interesting. I love your sig too, when you said you were aust. I rememed seeing you round coz of this sig
                            Your sig is pretty funny. And the comment about domination is so true. I love dom in ut1. Ut2004 dom provided a decent game, but really it wasn't the same.

Edit: I actually hate playing online, but epic hasn't provided enough replayability offline with the bots in ut3 (for the first time ever in a unreal game mind you), so i am forcing myself to fight humans for variety. I am actually suprised that i can pwn the majority of people i am coming up against. I suppose 10 years of botmatches on ever increasing difficulty does pay off.

edit again:
                            Im Aussie...live in Queensland in Gladstone...tiny lil town of a population of around 25,000 maybe 30...im 16 years old...been playin since Unreal...saw dad playin it when i was a kid and thought id play it too, been playin the series since then...
                            and im Death_Storm369 in UT3
                            funny, thats how i got into it. I was wathcing my uncle play the first level of unreal. At the time i was too young to register anything other then "this is a scary game". I remember my uncle getting ****** that there was nothing to kill and then he completely jumped out of the chair when he was ambushed by those brutes all of a sudden. I didn't realise that the game was "unreal" until i bought a copy off of ebay for curiosities sake a few years ago. Once i was ambushed by those brutes i suddenly had a hit of dejavu and realised what game i was playing. I had no trouble getting through the game after that.

I also remember coming back a few months later to watch my uncle playing UT. I was old enough to register the name of the game and it was at that point that i selected my favourite gun for no apparent reason: the pulse rifle, and it has stayed like that ever since. He was playing barricade or peak. I cant remember which, but it was a castle. He was playing on REALLY low settings (crappy computer).
                            Anyways, After that i had enough encounters with UT to establish it as "the most fun game ever" and eventually i was old enough to buy my own copy. So, i have been with the unreal series ever since it started, even without knowing it at the time. And now it has become my favourite series.

Comment

Lucky you being able to play online, Im one of the many peeps who cant get on a server. Was trying to get on that gamingsa one pointed out earlier on this thread but I cant get on it or any other. As for domination i know ut3dom will eventually fix the prob but it doesnt excuse epic for not doing it. The community should be there to expand the game not put in basic parts for them imo lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X