Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new "Laptop", will it even work on UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have an Asus G1S-B1 with 3gig of ram running this game on 32 bit vista. I run UT3 at 1024x768 with all of the graphic settings on "4" and vsync off. I get about 50 FPS. It plays well on this rig. Hope this helps -
    Rich

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Elebril View Post
    Lucky you! My friend has the same laptop (but a GF 8500m not 8600). He runs the game at 800x600 max detail with average of 30-35 FPS on WAR-OnyxCoast and CTF-OmicronDawn. You'll get more fps on DM maps. We checked it

Oh, but he has WinXP, dunno how it'll run on Vista :/
    Hmmm, sounds promising

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lucky you! My friend has the same laptop (but a GF 8500m not 8600). He runs the game at 800x600 max detail with average of 30-35 FPS on WAR-OnyxCoast and CTF-OmicronDawn. You'll get more fps on DM maps. We checked it

Oh, but he has WinXP, dunno how it'll run on Vista :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So if i sum it all up together the game will runs nicely?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koopa View Post
    i would guess barely playable fps at medium settings @ 1024 res.

but yeah, it would def be playable.
    Is that sarcasm? I get a decent framerate with those settings and all I got is a 6800, 1GB RAM, and a single core Pentium M 1.6Ghz. I'm sure the OP will be able to do much better than this with his rig.

I think some people don't realize how optimized the Unreal Engine and this game is. Did you even look at the min reqs OP? That comp exceeds them by a good margin so you should be able to play the game just fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should be fine, my desktop has lower specs than that and I get decent framerates (45fps+) at 1024x768 all settings maxed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i would guess barely playable fps at medium settings @ 1024 res.

but yeah, it would def be playable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bassoman View Post
    What you get on average frame rates?
    Depends on what resolution you plan on running it at. You can get 60+fps if you don't mind running at 800x600. And you'll still get decent fps at slightly higher resolutions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Th3DarkCloud View Post
    I can handle the demo at horrible graphic settings with around 17-25 fps with a Nvidia GeForce Go 6150. At the very least, you'd get medium setting working for sure.
    Wow.. the game runs on GeForce Go 6150? :S.. now even im at shock

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can handle the demo at horrible graphic settings with around 17-25 fps with a Nvidia GeForce Go 6150. At the very least, you'd get medium setting working for sure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
    So I assume a desktop computer isn't what you're after?

It's much more versatile and better for gaming.
    You'd get a high-end desktop for the price of an average laptop.
    True.. so true. But no i dont want a desktop

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
    That's slightly better than my laptop and it handles the game fine on medium settings, so you'll be fine.
    What you get on average frame rates?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's slightly better than my laptop and it handles the game fine on medium settings, so you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I assume a desktop computer isn't what you're after?

It's much more versatile and better for gaming.
    You'd get a high-end desktop for the price of an average laptop.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Getting a new "Laptop", will it even work on UT3?

Getting a new "Laptop", will it even work on UT3?

Well hello folks, im getting a new laptop since my desktop is about to die. Yes, i mean it. Its going to die!.

With my hard cash i can only get ahold of this midrange one:

ASUS G1S: 15.4"WSXGA+,Go 8600M (Yes its the GDDR3 one),Core 2 Duo T7700,4 GB RAM running on X64 Vista.

So will this computer even work on the UT3?, and no i dont got cash for some wicked laptop SLI solution :P
Working...
X