Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intel or amd ?

Hey guys
    I am wanting advised on intel or amd. I have always been an amd man i guess you could say, and am looking at building a new puter. I already picked a thermaltake tower just wondering where to from here. I have seen that most ppl seem to be running intel these days just wondering about the pros and cons of each, and possibly some mobo advise as well thanks.

Core 2 duo and up, definitely Intel.
    Anything older than core 2 duo.. go for AMD.

Comment

Core 2 Duos are so cheap, they're pretty much the only game in town.

I worry about the future of AMD/ATI

Comment

Yeah i kinda am a little worried myself about them from what I have seen intel is winning the race what about mother boards

Comment

Intel, and this coming from an AMD guy.

Comment

i am still amd and it works fine toledo 4400dual core, sorry i hate intel..

Comment

I was an AMD guy until AMD killed the 939 socket CPUs introducing the AM2 line. Unfortunately AMD's upgrade cycle is fractured now - (read Phemom compatability with many current motherboards.)

I've been with the Core2Duo and C2DQuad line for just over a year and they use the LGA 775 socket which is going strong and gives a long upgrade opportunity. It's not hard to see the OC capacity and cost effect of these CPUs. (2.13GHz CPUs running solid/stable at 3.4GHz.)

I wish AMD didn't drop the ball, but they did. The market does need more CPU competition - not less.

Comment

I was a AMD fan but they aren't the best bang for the buck CPU anymore. Go Intel!!!

Comment

Things have changed, Core 2 is Intels new Superweapon, and AMD has nothing to beat this, even in the low-budget region. Buy a Core2 and good to go. Cheap, fast and cool, in the meaning of stay cool while running.
                  (You Guys know that the Core2-Architecture are most based on the Pentium III?)

Comment

I believe Intel is better for gaming than AMD. I've read some benchmark type comparisions and gaming articles with that conclusion.

Comment

Intel. Coming from a former AMD guy.

Comment

Core2 duo is the best CPU for gaming at the moment, unfortunately AMD dont have a answer to it, they need a Athlon K7 wonder again.

Comment

I tell you to get Intel!
                          AMD new CPUS are having problems & they are way slower than Intel Core 2 Duo & Quad.

Check out those benchmarks http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ons-amd-phenom

Comment

I think its obvious what cpu you should get as for mobos. Id stick with the p35 or x35 chipsets for single card configurations or the 680i for sli configs. The 780i is still new so wait till they work out the kinks before getting it. Just a note the newest quadcore processor from intel the q6950 wont work on 680i chipsets.

Comment

If you want to save money, AMD Athlon X2 is a really good deal for most current games. Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad if you want your rig to last a while and storm through next-generation games.

Comment

Working...
                              X