Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

incoming manta vs on foot player help/tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    45 degrees was certainly the angle in ut2004 - but I tend to find that in UT3 due to the faster avril and faster rotation of the avril that a slightly shallower angle is needed.

I agree though that with the hits not registering I've encountered, that it's always been when the avril hit full on - so a 30 degree angle or so on the avril's fire seems to work.

You would be amazed how tricky you can make it to be run over. As with the whole of the ut series, you need to master a vehichle yourself to know how to counter it. Good manta pilots are awfully difficult footsoldiers to run over. So spend time in a manta, take notice of your turning circles.

And lastly - as has been said - always pack an Avril.

A scorpion should sort out any spawncamping idiots. I will always find a scorpion whenever I pick up on the death messages that somebody is having a spree in a manta, and will go hunting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kaluro View Post
    I always pick on manta's for as long as I have avril ammo, just to **** the random blonde guy in the manta looking for easy kills, off.
    Yeah that's what I do sometimes, especially on sinkhole. I run away making it look like I haven't got anything on me that can take them to lure them into a tight spot and then I blast their face with the avril.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there is also the alt fire on the Impact hammer, can do like 150 damage vs. Manta...Scorpion is almost always the best way to take a manta down tho as it tends to kill the driver but allow your own team to then hijack the manta... if they have the sence to do it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Secondary Minigun fire will help keep 'em off you for a few seconds.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kaluro View Post
    Originally posted by InvadrZIM
    not true. i've hit many mantas head on or on the top with avrils and it doesn't kill em
    It's very true. They go down in one hit, not two, not three, but one.

Now, the netcode not registering the avril impact is a whole other story.
    Actually, InvadrZIM is correct. Usually, an avril is a one-hit-wonder with mantas, but it's not 100%. Besides non-registering avrils (which seem to happen more frequently in ut3 than in ut2k4), I've seen mantas that survive an avril hit. Maybe it was the angle of the hit or maybe the terrain? Who knows. I've also seen a player get ejected from the hit, both the player and vehicle still undestroyed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is kind of gay when I'm on a VCTF server playing Suspense and there is some guy spawn camping with a Manta--I can't even get the weapon locker before I'm dead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
    It's always risky to say it, but still: I can hear the Manta! o_O And I don't know why everybody else doesn't. You all got loud music turned on maybe? You can't expect it to make an incredible noise anyway, it's driven by little propellers. >_> Eyes + ears + AVRiL > Manta, imo. :P
    I have eyes and ears, play me and you;'ll find out. NO I dont have loud music on, none at all tbh, They are qvery hard to hear over the shaft while healing a node. Sure I can hear the projectiles find, but manta whores dont really use the cannon, the just for got the hit and run because they can't aim.

Kalubunga, shh you're one of the biggest manta whores.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, maybe i should take a look at this xfire youre talking about, but not now. It`s late, i want to go to bed before sunrise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
    Ive got only ICQ, if this helps.
    Negative!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ive got only ICQ, if this helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have seen Mantas who have sucessfully avoided a hit with an Avril, if it comes from the front, you have a Chance to get away without a hit. I preferr to shot it 45° in the air, and then lock it on, they cant avoid attacks to the Top.
    And yeah, i can hear Mantas, too. But if i hear them and dont see them, i know i get overrunned in a second...

Bysides, a full charched Impact-Hammers alt-fire will kick 150 Damage out of this ***. Dudes with blonde Hair always try to overrun you, but with their second try, the're busted.
    But the Impact Hammer isnt first Choice against Mantas, Mantas have a good Weapon, too. But Vipers are screwed, their primary fire is like throwing Stones or something, useless against dodging foodsoldiers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by woooo View Post
    But not being able to hear the manta is the b iggest thing.
    It's always risky to say it, but still: I can hear the Manta! o_O And I don't know why everybody else doesn't. You all got loud music turned on maybe? You can't expect it to make an incredible noise anyway, it's driven by little propellers. >_> Eyes + ears + AVRiL > Manta, imo. :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by woooo View Post
    But not being able to hear the manta is the b iggest thing. And they don't always get hit by the Avril the can advert it.
    Go back to your deathmatches -_- you never play Warfare :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But not being able to hear the manta is the b iggest thing. And they don't always get hit by the Avril the can advert it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
    Spawn camping? Trying to spawn somewhere else is the easiest way. :P If you can't and AVRiLs aren't easy to get: Escape to a safe place (e.g. in WAR: Torlan tower) for a moment until a team mate with a vehicle or AVRiL kills the lamer.
    Thats why some maps have spur-nodes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X