Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

incoming manta vs on foot player help/tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

incoming manta vs on foot player help/tips?

ive been playing alot of VCTF latley and i always get killed by these manta players and i can rarely seem to kill one with the impact hammer.
    it seems impossible to dodge because the manta is pretty wide.
    no point in attempting to jump because your inair speed is slowed making you an easier target.
    you can fake death and lean back Matrix style, but then here comes the manta to squash you like a bug becuase it takes so long to get up.
    ive had some sucess with dodging off of walls if im near one, but then i dont know what to do next.
    any tips would help thanks.

Always carry an avril, no matter what.
    If there's a manta on the map, there's an avril spawn on the map.

Comment

Shock Rifle secondary shot is pretty useful because the manta bounces back.

Edit: yeah, always look for the Avril and have it ready for annoying mantas.

Comment

but what if you have someone spawn camping with the manta?

Comment

everytime you spawn besides getting your normal weps go find an avril and kill those manta whores

PS: remember to shoot the avril first then lock on the manta, and watch em run or die

Edit: lol 3 peeps beat me to respond....im a slow typer

Comment

I'm a WAR player, so I can't exactly refer to vCTF. Still some main points are:

1. Try to always have an AVRiL with you.
            2. Avoid being on foot or board in general, i.e. get a vehicle if possible.
            3. If you have to be on foot/board, don't cross wide open areas, make sure there is some cover on your way.
            4. If you're out of AVRiL ammo (which shouldn't happen! :P) and the Manta comes close, use Shock cores, Flak primary, lock-on Rox or Stinger secondary.
            5. Open your eyes. It is true when I say that I personally never get run over from behind, as I keep turning around and listening to sounds. I run people over like that all the time, so they are certainly doing something wrong and should be able to avoid that.
            7. Stay calm when a Manta approaches. Move in unexpected ways, walk to the left but then dodge to the right etc.
            8. Try to always have an eye on the Manta while it tries to kill you. Never turn around to run away or something, focus on it to see where it will go.
            9. You shouldn't let the Manta get too close, it's just too maneuverable that you could dodge for a long while. Try to keep distance by dodging backwards and prepare an AVRiL or triple lock-on Rox.
            10. Btw, even with fake death you are killable. It only takes a jump and then a smash to get you. ;P

Totally random, maybe it helps. ^^

Spawn camping? Trying to spawn somewhere else is the easiest way. :P If you can't and AVRiLs aren't easy to get: Escape to a safe place (e.g. in WAR: Torlan tower) for a moment until a team mate with a vehicle or AVRiL kills the lamer.

Comment

Depends, I cannot sketch a scenario unless I'm aware of which map we're speaking of here.

So which map is it going to be?

Comment

How many avril shots does it take to destroy a manta? Because personally I usually don't pick up the avril, and if this happens I just point blank flak, which tends to push them back, it takes a few shots, though.

Also, I never walk in wide flat open areas, I'll duck in and out of some sort of small cover whenever possible.

Comment

One avril shot will take out 200 armor.
                  A manta has 200 armor.

One shot, one kill

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                    One shot, one kill
                    Indeed and that's why it is the most important and basic rule in vehicle gametypes to ALWAYS have an AVRiL with you. Simply pick it up every time you spawn and before you get into a fight, it will make your UT life so much easier.

Edit: I just realise that these tips will make my Manta whoring much harder on pubs. :< Forget what I said about AVRiLs and stuff. :P

Comment

I always pick on manta's for as long as I have avril ammo, just to **** the random blonde guy in the manta looking for easy kills, off.

Comment

if you are on a hoverboard and one is coming towards you all you have to do is jump right as it is about to hit you.

if you time it right the manta will bounce away, you will take no damage and still on your hoverboard.

I have done this many times, so I know it works, the timing may be a bit hard to get down tho.

Comment

I haven't played ut in a long while just really getting back into it, I don't remember but seem like you could always run back to tha avril locker which now is a spawn and refresh your ammo, but that doesen't seem to be the case any more or at least with me lol

Comment

the random blonde guy in the manta looking for easy kills
                            LoL, now you even start colouring it. :P

@oilkann: AVRiLs aren't in lockers anymore, that's right. Just figure out where they are and memorise these spots, some maps also have AVRiL ammo packs. In general it has retricted ammo because it's basically a tad more powerful than the 2k4 version (given that it works without bugs).

Comment

One shot, one kill
                              not true. i've hit many mantas head on or on the top with avrils and it doesn't kill em

Comment

Working...
                              X