A Question About Scoring/Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question About Scoring/Ranking

I'm not too familiar yet with the ranking/scoring system and i was wondering... If a you play warfare or CTF or anything with objectives and a player gets 100 points for completing objectives and another gets 20 for kills and no deaths, is the one with 20 penalized for lets say "coming in last place" on his team? And how does UT score the difference between kills and points?

1 kill = 1 point. Which doesn't make sense, as taking out a Levi takes by far longer than killing a hurt foot soldier, for example. I guess that I'm not the only one who hopes for an ONS Plus equivalent (which improved the scoring system amongst other things in UT2k4).

Originally posted by TJMJoe View Post
    If a you play warfare or CTF or anything with objectives and a player gets 100 points for completing objectives and another gets 20 for kills and no deaths, is the one with 20 penalized for lets say "coming in last place" on his team?
    Well, you can't say that someone who doesn't complete objectives (like building and destroying nodes in Warfare) gets "penalized"... WAR is about objectives, only killing is pointless and doesn't help your team very much - at least when you do it for the whole match. In this regard the current system makes sense. 6 points for building a node completely and 1 point for a kill should tell you what Warfare is about. :P

It's a mixture of both that makes you top the scoreboard and win the match. Ranking (if you mean the global stats) is another story that's been discussed here extensively... and still is. ;P

Comment

Does the global ranking to points or kills (or kill/death ratio)?
      If theres another thread that i should be reading instead link it.. you dont have to rewrite an explanation haha

Comment

Originally posted by TJMJoe View Post
        Does the global ranking to points or kills (or kill/death ratio)?
        If theres another thread that i should be reading instead link it.. you dont have to rewrite an explanation haha
        As someone recently pointed out in some thread (not sure where exactly) the global stats and rankings (Elo values) are based on points (i.e. objectives) and "kills" as well. I say "kills", because Kill/Death ratio isn't exactly important, it's about who you kill and which rank this player has.

Just use the search function here and search for "rank" - you'll find literally dozens of threads on this topic, even very recent ones. ;P No point in linking them all when you can find them in 5 seconds.

Comment

Maybe games should start counting damage dealt instead of frags...

Comment

Originally posted by odkKoma View Post
            Maybe games should start counting damage dealt instead of frags...
            At least it would be an interesting additional thing to look at. Core damage already shows that it should be easily possible. ^^

Comment

Working...
            X