Looking for a new wireless mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    im loving the G9, but i wish that they added another button on the top right/side where my ring finger would usually rest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update:
    Just got the G9 wired for $80 at the local mom & pop shop where I bought all the stuff to build my new PC over Christmas.
    Best Buy wanted $99 for it.

So far I am liking it, had it on for 5 minutes

I will download the software for it I guess so I can do some customizing and changing of the LED color on it.

I am using the smaller hard rough plastic shell instead of the bigger rubbery feel exterior.

For those that do not know, you can switch shells on this thing.

Google Logitech G9 reviews, it gets good score.
    However a guy on Newegg's site says if you are a palmer (likes to rest your palm on the mouse) this is not for you, as it is shorter than the traditional kidney bean shaped mouse like the G5 and G7, and other rodents out there.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2177894,00.asp

http://techgage.com/article/logitech..._gaming_mouse/

Not running any of the weights in it yet, and it is about 1/3rd the weight of my MX700 wireless.

Looking forward to trying it out in UT later today.

If the G& wireless had two side buttons on it, I would have gone for it.
    I have to have my two side buttons for surfing and managing the forum I run.
    I hate mousing up to the left corner to go forwards or backwards on a webpage or even Windows Explorer for that matter when you are working in your folders on your hard drive.

Logitech messed up big time by not offering tow buttons on the G7.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used the MX700 for about 3 years and I loved it. I just switched to the MX Revolution and I love it even more. I found it on sale for $40 US, otherwise it's a little pricey.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
    Yes, I have noticed that too. The batteries are ****...
    This is the reason I ditched MX1000, batteries used to hold for weeks and warning red light lit when there was at least a day left. Now it's dead in a hour or two after the warning which left me without a mouse on few occasions. I decided to buy wired mouse for gaming and as backup but it proved to be so good (G9) that I just replaced it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MTL View Post
    i owned a Logitech G7 gaming mouse, and let me just say that it was great....for a year.
    the batteries wouldnt hold their charge anymore and only lasted an hour.
    Yes, I have noticed that too. The batteries are ****...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    as long as its using the 2.4Ghz band/freq then the mouse will never lag. I even tested out the G7 mouse outdoors in my yard, and it still moved the cursor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another mx1000 fan here.

3 thumb buttons FTW.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    kaluro: wireless mice are so fast now you don't notice, yes the first ones using stone age radio tech or IR sucked, that isn't the case anymore.

I've used an MX1000 since they came out, still on my first one and it's in near mint condition, sure the rubber coating has worn off in places, the logo near the base was the first thing to drop off, but it's still fully functional and the batteries still hold a charge for over a week.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    g7. It should not lag, too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a G5, so I'm guessing the G7 should be pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm also yet another person who went wireless and is now back to wired. This was two years ago when I tried it on my rig so I don't know how the top of the line wireless works for gaming these days.

You could always try it out and return it if you don't like it if you're dead set on wireless. Can't go wrong with wired though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i owned a Logitech G7 gaming mouse, and let me just say that it was great....for a year.
    the batteries wouldnt hold their charge anymore and only lasted an hour. the buttons started behaving erradically and sometimes the mouse simply would just not work. The LED's would go off and id have to disconnect/reconnect the reciever, take out the battery, then swap batteries, shake it or something, just to make it work again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I knew a few wired fans would jump in.
    I have no desire for a wired mouse, gave up being wired 5 years or more ago.

I do not like having the cord tugging against the mouse, and I have tried all kinds of ways to have slack in the cord.

If I was a pro gamer I might desire a wired mouse, but I am not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {BFG}Coke View Post
    I would never use wireless for gameing
    That's good information to know. I know now my life is complete...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kaluro View Post
    Wired mouses have a faster response time, Fact.
    But that wasn't the OP's question. Fact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X