Looking for a new wireless mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new wireless mouse

I have an old Logitech MX700 cordless mouse.
    Needless to say it is one of the most comfortable mouses I have ever used.

Looking for a new one to go with the new PC I just built yesterday.
    I am not a fan of the Logitech G7 gaming mouse since it still seems to only have one button on the side.

I complained to them when it first came out that many use both a forward and back button to surf the web, and also both buttons can be mapped in UT or any game.

Are there any other good cordless mice out there that are good?

I know the MX700 I have is old by todays standards, but the grip and feel of it is great.

Here are a few pics I Googled of it.
    I see the image command is missing from the General Chat area, what is up with that?

http://shop.deltaracunari.com/images...al%20Mouse.JPG

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...QL._AA280_.jpg

I used MX1000 for almost 2 years, served me very well.

Comment

Wired mouses have a faster response time, Fact.

Comment

I use the MX1000 that comes with the MX5000 keyboard and it is very nice. It feels better than the MX700(which I used to have too), and the charging cradle is better too. With the MX700 sometimes I'd have trouble getting it to give me the green charging light.

Comment

I would never use wireless for gameing, the latest Logitech G5 mice have 2 buttons on the left, I use the old G5 and that second button would make it one of the best.

{BFG}Coke

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
            Wired mouses have a faster response time, Fact.
            But that wasn't the OP's question. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Coke View Post
              I would never use wireless for gameing
              That's good information to know. I know now my life is complete...

Comment

I knew a few wired fans would jump in.
                I have no desire for a wired mouse, gave up being wired 5 years or more ago.

I do not like having the cord tugging against the mouse, and I have tried all kinds of ways to have slack in the cord.

If I was a pro gamer I might desire a wired mouse, but I am not.

Comment

i owned a Logitech G7 gaming mouse, and let me just say that it was great....for a year.
                  the batteries wouldnt hold their charge anymore and only lasted an hour. the buttons started behaving erradically and sometimes the mouse simply would just not work. The LED's would go off and id have to disconnect/reconnect the reciever, take out the battery, then swap batteries, shake it or something, just to make it work again.

Comment

I'm also yet another person who went wireless and is now back to wired. This was two years ago when I tried it on my rig so I don't know how the top of the line wireless works for gaming these days.

You could always try it out and return it if you don't like it if you're dead set on wireless. Can't go wrong with wired though.

Comment

I have a G5, so I'm guessing the G7 should be pretty good.

Comment

g7. It should not lag, too.

Comment

kaluro: wireless mice are so fast now you don't notice, yes the first ones using stone age radio tech or IR sucked, that isn't the case anymore.

I've used an MX1000 since they came out, still on my first one and it's in near mint condition, sure the rubber coating has worn off in places, the logo near the base was the first thing to drop off, but it's still fully functional and the batteries still hold a charge for over a week.

Comment

Another mx1000 fan here.

3 thumb buttons FTW.

Comment

as long as its using the 2.4Ghz band/freq then the mouse will never lag. I even tested out the G7 mouse outdoors in my yard, and it still moved the cursor.

Comment

Working...
                              X