A deathmatch grumble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A deathmatch grumble...

Many of the official deathmatch maps have low suggested playercounts, yet most if not all servers have weapons available from their bases at all times, resulting in super spam eg. 16 players running around Biohazard with rocket launchers!

Didn't older UT versions make players wait a given time for a new weapon to spawn at the base?

Personally, I'm a little surprised that deathmatch server admins are not using the official "weapon respawn" mutator to make large crowds enjoy games more online.

Do you agree?

Well, with a high player count on a small map with weapons respawn on you would hardly ever get a weapon..

Imo it's only good for 1v1.

Comment

Let the Spam begin!

I’ll get my spam gun.

Comment

By the way when I shoot your weapons less butt, don’t complain.

Comment

If weapon stay is off, noobs won't even be able to get a weapon most of the time. Me included. So i say to to weaponstay off. You know frustrating it is to die by some elite dickwad with 200 health 150 shield repeatedly killing me on my way to a weapon??? There will be less players with weapon stay off. People always complain about it when they go into a server like that. We just need this game to be a free download for players. Or the game needs to be polished like UT99 was. Or even halfway polished instead of this beta PS3 version we have now on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by N0bodyOfTheGoat View Post
            ... 16 players running around Biohazard...
            And we have identified the problem.

Comment

I miss DM-Liandri.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
                And we have identified the problem.
                Biohazard was an example, but you are not going to convince me easily that eight players or more online does not also make the following maps a spam fest with weapom stay on...

Fearless
                Sentinel
                Carbon Fire
                Deck
                Defiance
                Diesel
                Rising Sun

which, in my opinion, contains the best of the official deathmatch maps.

Perhaps the problem is not weapon stay, but the maps that are being put on rotation for large capacity servers. Maybe, until we have a range of large quality custom maps, the community would be better served with public servers with a maximum capacity 8-10?

Comment

play instagib?

Comment

@ threadstarter:
                    weaponstay off mutators already exist as well as servers with less than 10 players max. DM is very frequented. actually there is no problem at all. play on servers that suit your style and the amount of players you prefer best. go find your niche but don't try to mess up the game for everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                    X