Where are my characters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are my characters?

Alright, so we have a few Iron Guard, Ronin, Krall, Necris and "Liandri".

Where are all the good factions? Juggernauts, Cybernetics, and Hellions?

Are they going to be unlockables or something? Or is there going to be an addon that will allow you to have these other factions? I would really like to be able to use the customization option on a hellion or juggernaut. I am just disapointed in the lack of variety with characters.

they are not unlockables, they just arent there. they all died in ut2k4 and didnt make it to ut3

Comment

The fact that you call Juggernauts "good" is quite laughable.

If by cybernetics you mean the UT1 War Machines, then I'll agree these really should have been in UT3.

Comment

Wow.. These question have come up a lot. I've lost count.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
          they are not unlockables, they just arent there. they all died in ut2k4 and didnt make it to ut3
          ...but they will all magically reappear in about 12 years.

Also, I believe the Liandri are this year's Cybernetics, if you're referring to the one's from 2K4 like Cathode, Matrix, etc.

Comment

Yeah, well, the Juggernauts would be better than this ronin stuff. And as for the cybernetics I am referring to the ones that worked for Xan. If "Liandri" is the cybernetic team then where are the normal androids? Widowmaker, Syzygy, Thorax...

So all I can infer from this game we committed genocide on the skarjj (or they finally went home). The Hellions dropped off the face of the planet. The juggernauts went back to prison. Xan retired or something. Mr. Crow and his freaks decided to leave. Roc and crew went back to Egypt. All the mercs got jobs elsewhere. And Liandri stopped making androids and adopted the cybernetics?

That's kinda lame to leave out THAT much.

Comment

If you pause long enough to process a coherent though you might realize the limited amount of teams is due to UT3 characters needing a lot more work due to the immense amount of detail in each character, and I'm guessing you didn't complete the campaign so you're missing plenty of characters and the whole necris team, put "unlockallchars" (sans quotes) in the console (F10) and hit enter to get a bunch more characters.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                If you pause long enough to process a coherent though you might realize the limited amount of teams is due to UT3 characters needing a lot more work due to the immense amount of detail in each character, and I'm guessing you didn't complete the campaign so you're missing plenty of characters and the whole necris team, put "unlockallchars" (sans quotes) in the console (F10) and hit enter to get a bunch more characters.
                Well, you also have to keep in mind between UT2K3 and 2K4 they managed to double the amount of characters and fix that mistake of a game. The detail of those characters for the time was very good. I would expect epic to put the same amount of work into this game as they did in 2K4. So maybe if you had a coherent thought you might realized I am disappointed by this for legitimate reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtbag View Post
                  Well, you also have to keep in mind between UT2K3 and 2K4 they managed to double the amount of characters and fix that mistake of a game. The detail of those characters for the time was very good. I would expect epic to put the same amount of work into this game as they did in 2K4. So maybe if you had a coherent thought you might realized I am disappointed by this for legitimate reasons.
                  UT2k4 characters were low poly characters with the textures doing most of the work to bring them to life. With UT3, there is a low poly and high poly version of each character. I'm sure someone will correct me but think the poly counts were:

UT2k4- 2,000-3,000 for each character
                  *UT3- 8,000 for the low poly characters, 10,000-20,000 for the high poly characters*

*EDIT* Thanks Krill3.8.

Comment

We definitely need more kinds of characters, but I'd rather have something brand new than see the ones from 2k4 make a return. I found most of those either incredibly ugly or just plain unimaginative.

Comment

AcidVenom: 8000 for the low poly ones, 10-20x that for high poly ones.

Comment

also dont forget that you can customize the characters in UT3

Comment

Yeah, but you can customize him to be race he is, you can't create another one.
                          If they just bringed back Cybernetic (Xan, Matrix...) and Nightmare (Abaddon, Mr. Crow...they would really look like a nightmare in UT3). We have a replacemet for Skarrj (Krall were their slaves if I'm not wrong).

Comment

Ok its impossible for us to believe that Xan would swap his really cool looking robot body for some weedy looking one.

Maybe its just a temp body until he gets his new one built.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodai View Post
                              also dont forget that you can customize the characters in UT3
                              By customize change if they wear a watch or not.

I see customize as being able to change your character so it is unique and vastly different to the origional character skin.

So you should be able to change them to have a robot skin like in ut99.

Comment

Working...
                              X