soooo frustrating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soooo frustrating...

When is epic going to fix the bug that some rockets dont count?
    i mean 3 rockters right on the head...(CustomUT plays the sounds its a hit) and the person still walks...this happens to me like 7 times a match (20 min) on regular basis.
    And i know it aint lag/packetloss or some space/time intervetion, cause it only happens withrockets.

Hopefully in the next patch... along with the tons of other things that need fixing.

Comment

+1

I get this a lot too. It's like the no hit 2k4 bug all over again.

Comment

Happens with flak/shock rifle secondary too.

Comment

Indeed very annoying sometimes.

Comment

Same here, i start to doubt my aiming sometimes but good to see this post

Comment

Only thing I can say is to try another weapon! :P
              I can't stand all those guys with rox, rox, ROX

Comment

Yes it is very annoying, and if you complain about it in game, people will just think you are whining because you keep getting killed.

Comment

Originally posted by DarK_Slash View Post
                  Only thing I can say is to try another weapon! :P
                  I can't stand all those guys with rox, rox, ROX
                  True but it still sux when it happens

Comment

Originally posted by fnt View Post
                    True but it still sux when it happens
                    also true ^^

Comment

I get smacked by a rocket or even sometimes a manta, and I think "I should be dead!" It often results in the person who hit me getting killed in turn, and it feels like a hollow victory. I hope they fix it.

Comment

This means that clientside you DID hit him with the rockets but serverside they missed with just a few inches. Every game has this problem, its simply caused by the time you need to communicate with the server. The server simply thinks you fired the rockets 50 miliseconds later, and you missed with 50 miliseconds. In some games it doesnt show as much as it shows in UT, UT is a fast game with loads of non-hitscan weapons. It can even happen with a bioblob, but the range of the hit of a bioblob is bigger so its rarer, but I've had it a few times.
                        Theres no way to fix this.
                        It comes with playing online.
                        Get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                          This means that clientside you DID hit him with the rockets but serverside they missed with just a few inches. Every game has this problem, its simply caused by the time you need to communicate with the server. The server simply thinks you fired the rockets 50 miliseconds later, and you missed with 50 miliseconds. In some games it doesnt show as much as it shows in UT, UT is a fast game with loads of non-hitscan weapons. It can even happen with a bioblob, but the range of the hit of a bioblob is bigger so its rarer, but I've had it a few times.
                          Theres no way to fix this.
                          It comes with playing online.
                          Get used to it.
                          In some games, you don't have a delay when you do things and thats what makes that kind of glitch, where what you see and what others see is not the same. Here, you get lag for your actions, yet you still have that kind of glitch? Non-sense. Flawed system, if you ask me.

Comment

I think you're wrong Taboen. Maybe that's true for some instances, but I've seen it happen way too many times with rockets which have serious splash damage and people don't get hurt. I've been knocked back by rockets quite a few times (which indicates to me client and server alike read the hit) and suffered no damage. I don't know much about what could be causing it, but I haven't had this problem this bad in any other game. I think there could be something that could fix it, and probably will in a patch.

Comment

Working...
                            X