ut3 Gore and death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut3 Gore and death

Is it just me or my game settings, that your death will happen three ways.

1: ragdoll and flop around wih some blood on the impact of bullets
    2: your boody head that is twice the size of your real head goes flying around(mmm ut99)
    3: Getblown up into little chunks errr big chunks

I remember in ut2k3-4 and UC that if ur blasted in the leg with a flak cannon ur leg gets shredded of. i would like to see more of that, or ur arm gets blown off when shot by a sniper or somethin.

You know make killing somebody as satisfing as GoW and the chainsaw...

ut2k4 was teh anti-gib, no lies

ut3 rocketlauncher/flak/impact/combo/ kills are so much more satisfying

Comment

i think fear has the best gibs

Comment

F.E.A.R.? We are talking about UT3! F.E.A.R. is good, but it's not allowed to talk about them, EPIC only. UT2k4 had a great gore, big part of that is missing in UT3. Why EPIC, WHY?!

Comment

The missing limbs I miss a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
            F.E.A.R.? We are talking about UT3! F.E.A.R. is good, but it's not allowed to talk about them, EPIC only. UT2k4 had a great gore, big part of that is missing in UT3. Why EPIC, WHY?!
            MWUAHAHAHA did sierra and monolith put the pressure on?!?!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
              ? Ut2k4 had terrible gore. Most of time time your deaths were ragdoll deaths and the gibs looked like garbage.

Comment

Indeed UT2004 gore sucked ***.

Comment

Originally posted by capthappy8p View Post
                  You know make killing somebody as satisfing as GoW and the chainsaw...
                  Didnt they say they would make death feel less of a penalty compared to the older versions of the UT?
                  What happened to that?

Comment

well i can unerstand ut2k4 gore wasnt the best(since when did blood become flammable) but the missing limbs was fun. But when i kill somebody with a flak cannon in ut3 with close to full health they just ragdoll onto the floor no blood no missing limbs, just looks like fiegning death but u get launched somewhere.

i also miss where in bombin run u would commit suicide when u scored and ragdoll down a spike laden pit. that was cool

Comment

Well I may sound a little odd but I actually have one issue with the gore:

When you kill someone in the game mutator instagib and have tuned down the gore level the body remains intact, what's up with that? for me I don't need all that gore and to be quite honest I rather have less gore as I can see more in fights that way, for instance you kill someone but then the gore parts are flying everywhere and get in your sight to kill the next

And as I said bodies remaining intact is kind of a no go in instagib because I will only make it harder to myself while others don't face that problem when they kill someone (meaning If I would run past that body again I might think it's a feigner..)

Anyway it's not really tuning gore down as you used to in ut99/2k* but instead the body just remains intact which should have been better done.

Comment

Originally posted by capthappy8p View Post
                        1: ragdoll and flop around wih some blood on the impact of bullets
                        2: your boody head that is twice the size of your real head goes flying around(mmm ut99)
                        3: Getblown up into little chunks errr big chunks
                        I agree that a little more variety would be nice. There's only 1 headshot animation, and eventually I get tired of seeing people explode.

The shock combo is brilliant tho! It looks like the fabric of the universe is tearing and they got caught in it.

Comment

The shock combo effect is possibly the best thing I've ever seen in my life.

What I'd really like to see are animations disabled for the sniper rifle/minigun deaths. I absolute hate how it looks when you shoot someone to death with the minigun in UT3. They do the same thing every time... which is shutter a bit then fall over somewhat statically. I miss the days where I could pump someone so full of bullets I'm still shooting their corpse as it flies off the edge of a cliff.
                          A mutator or some sort of tweak would be pretty easy to do methinks (for those coding-savvy individuals).

Comment

heh i was hoping there was a way to edit the screen blood splatter for the hammer to happen all the time when you kill someone or someone else gets killed near you. the mature rating is there for a reason!

Comment

i was a bit surprised in how gore-LESS it was i was expecting the likes of GOW whats this instagib thing people are talking about, i know its a mod but ives never used it.

Comment

Working...
                              X