Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why epic doesn't make movie about unreal tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sitting through a movie with people saying "uncle malcom" might make people puke.

Comment

The doom movie waws terrible. The only things that really told you it was doom was the location and a few of the beasties. The originla story was nothing like that of the games.

For epic to do a movie about unreal they would have to think very hard about what era of the game they would use and so on.

They could as i think someone mentioned make a movie on the creation of the tournaments. how the social decline and out right violence had gotten to much and the start of the tournaments was created. something like that id pay to see

Comment

Originally posted by Slippster View Post
        i forget the girls name but when her starship was blown up, i almost cried.
        NOOOOOOO!!!!!
        Word.

Back then she even looked hot, you could spend minutes between missions just watching her (. )( .) . (I was like 12 years old back then)

I recently installed reinstalled it,... it looks so awefull :')

Aida is her name

Let Peter Jackson make the movie, then it can't be bad

Comment

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
          unreal tournament: theres no story to this
          In 2291, in an attempt to control violence among deep space miners, the New Earth Government legalized no-holds-bared fighting. Liandri Mining Corporation, working with the NEG, established a series of leagues and bloody public exhibitions. The fight's popularity grew with their brutality. Soon, Liandri discovered that the public matches were their most profitable enterprise. The professional league was formed; a cabal of the most violent and skilled warriors in known space, selected to fight in a Grand Tournament. Now it is 2341. 50 years have passed since founding of DeathMatch. Profits from the Tournament number in the hundreds of billions. You have been selected to fight in the professional league by the Liandri Rules Board. Your strength and brutality are legendary. The time has come to prove you are the best. To crush your enemies; to win the Tournament.

Comment

Haha movie about Malcolm should be awesome ; -)

Comment

Like I said, best bet is to make a cool movie where playing UT seems cool. That means making some sort of cynical movie involving sex, relationships, and/or the futility of trying to get established as an adult that would appeal to twentysomethings where the game is featured as the favorite activity of the characters. A junk movie is quickly forgotten, but an indy-style flick that the targeted audience can relate to would live on for years and years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                Like I said, best bet is to make a cool movie where playing UT seems cool. That means making some sort of cynical movie involving sex, relationships, and/or the futility of trying to get established as an adult that would appeal to twentysomethings where the game is featured as the favorite activity of the characters. A junk movie is quickly forgotten, but an indy-style flick that the targeted audience can relate to would live on for years and years.
                I work in the movies industry, both independent and mainstream, and this is by far the worst idea I've ever seen posted on the internet from a wannabe film maker who has no idea about anything.

1) It is not visual enough. It's just a bunch of kids sitting around talking.

2) Even independent movies try and appeal to a somewhat larger audience, regardless of what the producers say. It is still an investment and investors want some return on their outlay.

What you describe is purely a movie made by kids with webcams, or DV. That might be fine for them (because there is no cost), but the quality would be subpar at best.

3) None of these characters are broad enough to appeal to anyone other than video game fans, or 20somethings... And even that's pushing it.

It's basically a bunch of slackers/lazy asses sitting around their PCs *****ing about life and playing a stupid video game. Wow. I can see so many actors wanting to play these passive roles.

The days of the Kevin Smith-style 20something are over. Contrary to your own perception this movie would not be that well received because most 20somethings are volunteering on their Spring Breaks to go rebuild New Orleans, or help out in Dar Fur. It would be looked upon with disdain and forgotten faster than most mainstream video game movies. This is how out of touch this idea with reality this idea is.

Like Simpson's Comic Guy would say: Worst.Idea.Ever.

Comment

What the heck are you talking about? I haven't laid out a plot nor any sketch of the characters nor even a theme. The only thing I've actually said is that the characters would occasionally meet online via UT99 and Teamspeak.

What if the movie had compelling, interesting characters and neat, intelligent (non-UT-related) short stories? Maybe it would follow three of the characters and their escapades. The characters playing UT and chatting over Teamspeak might occupy, say, 15 minutes of a 100 minute movie.

What if a movie were made that had the feel of Clerks + Go (the movie "Go", which I recommend) combined? Heck, in Swingers the Sega Genesis game NHL 94 (or whatever version it was) was seen the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                    What the heck are you talking about? I haven't laid out a plot nor any sketch of the characters nor even a theme. The only thing I've actually said is that the characters would occasionally meet online via UT99 and Teamspeak.

What if the movie had compelling, interesting characters and neat, intelligent (non-UT-related) short stories? Maybe it would follow three of the characters and their escapades. The characters playing UT and chatting over Teamspeak might occupy, say, 15 minutes of a 100 minute movie.

What if a movie were made that had the feel of Clerks + Go (the movie "Go", which I recommend) combined? Heck, in Swingers the Sega Genesis game NHL 94 (or whatever version it was) was seen the movie.
                    Then this isn't a movie about UT. UT is just a game featured in the movie... And Epic probably would not endorse it. If a movie of this type was made they'd probably come up with their own fictional game that resembles UT (or Quake) since it is not a major component of the overall plot. It would be far cheaper for the producers in the long run...

Comment

If Epic were responsible, they would somehow louse it up.

Comment

Thought this for myself

Doom was an awesome game and turned out to be a good movie, Halo aint seen yet but probably good. Unreal would be funky

Comment

Working...
                        X