Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bCenteredWeaponFire=True *increases accuracy and effectiveness of weapons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    the tweaker in my signature will adjust that setting for you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    JaFO,

I'm not claiming that the game has incorrect physics. The physics of the weapon fire is perfectly correct in 3d vector space.

The crosshair is aimed at a point at an infinite distance from the player pawn; thus, at an infinite distance, the 3d vector will strike the center of the crosshair, dead on.

With right aligned fire, at close range, the projectile hits to the right of the crosshair, as seen in this screenshot:

[screenshot]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r207/Duke_it/shock1.jpg[/screenshot]

This is a direct result of the horizontal displacement of the projectile's vector.

What I'm saying is that with centered weapon fire, it will hit dead onto the crosshair, at any distance, because there is no horizontal vector displacement.

No one can deny that this has a serious impact on aiming. It is far easier to aim directly at your crosshair, then slightly to the left or right, with increasing displacement relative to decreasing distance to the target.

Pic taken from:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ight=alignment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    Not true.

It does make a difference. It is not cosmetic, nor is it psychological. It physically affects the trajectory of weapon fire.
    It may affect the trajectory of weapon fire, but the accuracy itself is not changed.
    The Stinger will still miss as it's bullets follow a trajectory with a 'random' endpoint that can't be influenced by anything the player or its environment does.

The Sniperrifle will still hit its intended target as it is a hit-scan weapon as it isn't affected by anything either.

The only change is the *perceived accuracy of the weapons* as the weapons hit close to what you've learned to consider the 'centre' of the crosshair.

However given that we don't have an accurate depth-perception in the 3D world we are playing in (due to it being rendered in 2 D) it is impossible for us to judge the true accuracy of the weapons.

ie : even though it may appear that you are aiming 'at the doorway' the 3D->2D conversion makes it pretty difficult to prove that you are actually doing so. I'd suggest you plot out the vectors and player-position yourself. You will notice that it is very difficult for anyone to judge any distance when such a situation is translated to an in-game picture.

It is very simple to experience this by covering one of your eyes and trying to do something that requires real depth perception. You will see for yourself that 'normal' tasks become difficult.

Besides ... accuracy means nothing when 90% of the accuracy is determined by a players' own hand-eye-coordination & hardware.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this has been said, 17,000 times.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree. It makes a difference. Ive been testing it on and off and it DEFINATELY makes it easier with it on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JaFO View Post
    It is a pure cosmetic/psychological thing.

For some people it is easier to aim 'centred' because that's the view they've been used to (Quake 1 only had centred weapons when it was released, because it was easier and cheaper).

For those of us who have been used to left- or right-handed weapons it will not help as we are used to (subconsciously) having the weapon as a guide for aiming.

The most important skill to learn (IMHO) is to learn to focus on the target and use everything else (crosshair and weapon) as a mere guideline instead of as a perfectly accurate indicator of the location where your projectiles will hit.
    Not true.

It does make a difference. It is not cosmetic, nor is it psychological. It physically affects the trajectory of weapon fire.

This is not centering the weapon on the screen, which would be in accordance with your post.

This is centering that which issues from the weapon.

I have my weapon aligned to left hand, but weapon fire aligned to center.

People have posted screenshots of this, but if you stand by a doorway, with half your view seeing through the doorway and the other half (say, right half) seeing the wall of that doorway, if you fire a weapon with right-aligned fire a millimeter away from the wall of the doorway (thus into the doorway), the projectile will hit the wall, instead of passing through the doorway as it should.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MTL View Post
    ive been telling this to ppl for like..the last week...
    on defualt, its like the bullets are out of the way of teh crosshair?
    Yep. Same with the combo explosion being off with where you hit it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ive been telling this to ppl for like..the last week...
    on defualt, its like the bullets are out of the way of teh crosshair?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sltdestini View Post
    lol i'm still oblivious as to why that option is default "false" on the PC version.
    Because a lot of people don't want their shots appearing from the center of the screen. Most shoots are like this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Setheran View Post
    So does this actually make a difference, or is it purely a cosmetic thing?
    It is a pure cosmetic/psychological thing.

For some people it is easier to aim 'centred' because that's the view they've been used to (Quake 1 only had centred weapons when it was released, because it was easier and cheaper).

For those of us who have been used to left- or right-handed weapons it will not help as we are used to (subconsciously) having the weapon as a guide for aiming.

The most important skill to learn (IMHO) is to learn to focus on the target and use everything else (crosshair and weapon) as a mere guideline instead of as a perfectly accurate indicator of the location where your projectiles will hit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I`m still laughing about the existence of that option but I`m laughing with em and not about em^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you looking in the .ini's found in the "my document" directory? My docs -> my games -> ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My UT files in the config folder all start with a "Default" prefix. When I press ctrl+f to search for "bCenteredWeaponFire" in the filed called "DefaultGame" it says this cannot be found. What gives? God I hate this bs with UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Imo it makes a difference. Weapons feel far more effective now. Esp sniper and flak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So does this actually make a difference, or is it purely a cosmetic thing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X