Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bCenteredWeaponFire=True *increases accuracy and effectiveness of weapons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bCenteredWeaponFire=True *increases accuracy and effectiveness of weapons!

Hello all. I found that if you change the two instances of "bCenteredWeaponFire=false" to =true, it greatly increase the accuracy/effectiveness of all the weapons! I can even use the sniper rifle with ease now! Yipee! Why it wasnt enabled by default, or why this wasnt an option, i wouldnt know... This thread/post may have appeared before, (dont know either, didnt want to search lol) but i just thought i'd make one again for those who havent done it yet. I recommend it! It can be found in the "UTGame.ini" near the bottom. If you have CustomUT, there will be two instances. (One under [UTGame.UTEntryPlayerController], and the other under [customutv1.CustomUTv1_PlayerController] ) If not, only one. Enjoy!

im gonna try that....

Comment

lol i'm still oblivious as to why that option is default "false" on the PC version.

Comment

Yes, this is one of the most important tweaks.
        I'll get you guys a little guid most of us use in irc:
        http://unreal-pickups.com/index.php?...id=13&catid=21

Comment

This has already been brought up.

It's off so the rounds come out of the weapon. This on 'true' centres it, so its not aligned to look like its coming out of the weapon.

Comment

The real problems stem from the options (or lack of) in the UI I'd guess, this is basically a great PC game spoiled by console suited UI and weak server options. It might need relaunching for PC in a directors cut, after a major bonus pack then this can take its rightful place.

Comment

So does this actually make a difference, or is it purely a cosmetic thing?

Comment

Imo it makes a difference. Weapons feel far more effective now. Esp sniper and flak

Comment

My UT files in the config folder all start with a "Default" prefix. When I press ctrl+f to search for "bCenteredWeaponFire" in the filed called "DefaultGame" it says this cannot be found. What gives? God I hate this bs with UT3.

Comment

Are you looking in the .ini's found in the "my document" directory? My docs -> my games -> ...

Comment

I`m still laughing about the existence of that option but I`m laughing with em and not about em^^

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
                        So does this actually make a difference, or is it purely a cosmetic thing?
                        It is a pure cosmetic/psychological thing.

For some people it is easier to aim 'centred' because that's the view they've been used to (Quake 1 only had centred weapons when it was released, because it was easier and cheaper).

For those of us who have been used to left- or right-handed weapons it will not help as we are used to (subconsciously) having the weapon as a guide for aiming.

The most important skill to learn (IMHO) is to learn to focus on the target and use everything else (crosshair and weapon) as a mere guideline instead of as a perfectly accurate indicator of the location where your projectiles will hit.

Comment

Originally posted by sltdestini View Post
                          lol i'm still oblivious as to why that option is default "false" on the PC version.
                          Because a lot of people don't want their shots appearing from the center of the screen. Most shoots are like this.

Comment

ive been telling this to ppl for like..the last week...
                            on defualt, its like the bullets are out of the way of teh crosshair?

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                              ive been telling this to ppl for like..the last week...
                              on defualt, its like the bullets are out of the way of teh crosshair?
                              Yep. Same with the combo explosion being off with where you hit it.

Comment

Working...
                              X