Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    Read the opening post of my thread, particularly the last few sentences of that post, as there is a solution for a great many people. In particular this issue is probably solved by creating another account in Vista or XP.
    I think we have a winner, also take your computer to a different location to see that it is not your network causing troubles, also try a different networkcard.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Read the opening post of my thread, particularly the last few sentences of that post, as there is a solution for a great many people. In particular this issue is probably solved by creating another account in Vista or XP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When in doubt, give it a good swift kick.

Congrats on getting it running!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For some reason, updating the graphics drivers and installing CoD4 fixed it.

... some things I'll never understand.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    get a new copy, my friend was able to claiming the false cd key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you really didn't want to wipe your hard drive, you could buy a 20gb or so (cheap on ebay) and install your OS on that one temporarily to see if it fixes it for you.

Sorry I don't have a better solution.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic CD Key Error

CD Key Error

On 12/25/2007 you posed a question to Midway Support which was noted as inquiry #####.The question you posed and our response are listed below.

Your Question, Comment or Feedback:
    Attached is the scan of the manual and receipt.

Response:
    Thank you for contacting Midway Tech/Customer Support. Please see below for details about your inquiry to Midway.

Daniel,

I'm sorry this issue remains unresolved. Unfortunately, Midway Customer Support has no way to fix this issue. We are tracking a minority of cases such as yours and have brought all of these cases to light and it has been suggested this issue is caused by either profound user error, using a different keyboard layout, or hardware/software conflicts. If you can think of any reason why your keyboard layout would be different, for example using a foreign language keyboard or layout, make some adjustments and try the key again.

The bottom line is that Midway Customer Support is completely unable to reproduce this issue; the keys having problems are only having problems on certain customer PCs. Unfortunately, what seemed to work for some customers was to completely wipe their machine and re-install, and so far this is the only reported fix, but we are still tracking this and hope to have a better fix soon.

We suggest that you visit the Epic forums yourself and make your voice heard there as well. The more Unreal fans that post, the more likely Epic is to investigate past the "wipe & reload" option.

I'm not entirely sure what to think here. I'm trying to get my copy of the game unlocked, but support hasn't been very... supportive.

I've done some searching around the forums and tried some things out (opening ports, praying to the Unreal gods, uninstalling certain programs) but nothing has worked so far.

Has anyone recently run across this problem, or found a new solution? My CD key is valid, but it just won't activate. I'm typing it in properly.
Working...
X