Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the invisible walls!

Hello everyone!

I was playing corruption, jumping around in my scav, feeling pro and all.

Suddenly I felt like climbing the rock formations standing about, and noticed I couldn't, because some stupid invisible wall is in teh way lolz!

They remove the freedom sensation, please remove them.

hopefully in the next patch they should replace the blocking volumes with the "leaving the battlefield" one

just be hopefull

Comment

I remember shooting a redeemer through what LOOKED like a wide open space.. only for it to blow up in my face 1 second later. I know what you're talking about. It happens way too often in my case.

Oh look, a very open looking.. opening! *shoots an avril only to have it blow up in his face due to one single ****** off in game air molecule out for revenge*

Comment

Yeah, I always hate that invisible wall stuff. It would be much better if things were blocked off naturally, like by terrain, mountains etc, buildings or whatever. It does really take away from the moment when you just run into those invisible walls

But I guess they have a lot of other stuff to deal with, and I can live with the invisible walls, just wish it wasn't so.

Comment

yeah and I like going around in Spec. then *bump*
          Stupid wall in my way.

Kill the walls epic

Comment

Originally posted by Ethyn View Post
            I remember a redeemer through what LOOKED like a wide open space.. only for it to blow up in my face 1 second later. I know what you're talking about. It happens way too often in my case.

Just go with the assumption that the Avril and Redeemer have a missile proximity.

Just keep a little space between the missile and objects and you'll be fine.

Comment

Corruption is pretty bad about the blocking volumes. The whole sky is covered by them, making it impossible to fly the Redeemer properly, or navigate through some areas with the Scavenger.

Comment

Yeah, what happened to, "you are being targeted by an orbital weapons platform?" I thought that was a neat touch.

Comment

That kind of invisible walls usage shows horrible mapping skills.

Comment

Yes, I hate invisable walls.

They shouldn't be too difficult to get rid of.

I would rather jump out of the battle and automatically die or lose than be stuck inside it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethyn View Post
                      I remember shooting a redeemer through what LOOKED like a wide open space.. only for it to blow up in my face 1 second later. I know what you're talking about. It happens way too often in my case.

Oh look, a very open looking.. opening! *shoots an avril only to have it blow up in his face due to one single ****** off in game air molecule out for revenge*

happened to me as well! i'd shoot a freaking avril in a clearly wide open window, and i die....

Comment

I agree. There are too many places where you can be happily driving around when all of a sudden you crash into that cliff which is still three metres away, and lots of bits sticking out of walls which you should be able to use to jump higher, but you just slide off them.

There are also many places where the vehicles become caught on some invisible boundary on the ground too, such as just outside the bases on Downtown (seems to happen only to the Hellbender) and in front of the prime nodes on Torlan. It's frustrating if you've demonstrated unbelievable evasive skills to cross a map in a damaged vehicle when all of a sudden you hit a surprise snag and explode.

Comment

Yeah, the blocking volumes make this game feel much more restricting than UT2004.

Comment

yup, those invisible walls are really dangerous or your worst enemy rather.
                            In the demo days, I even recall someone hiding atop some rocks in suspense but was invulnerable to sniper fire.. the invisible wall was blocking him

I prefer "Leaving Battlefield" than the ion cannon :/, theres more freedom to move around without being harassed by that ion cannon >.>
                            besides, who knows what the map creator left for those foolish enough to leave the battlefield

If you want freedom, make your own map
                            /jack**s

Comment

I have the same problem I tried to fire a deemer past a rock once and I guess they used a cube blocking volume instead of rounding it with the rock. %&&*# it!! What a silly way to die.

Why do I still get stuck in the rocks in Torlan? That seems so easy to fix. At least now we have the hoverboard (jump, jump, Q works well) to help get out of sticky situations.

Comment

Working...
                              X