Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PS3] Got UT3 for ps3 1 day and 30fps lock ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kr155 View Post
    Lets just imagine a senario for a second. A bullet from a .38 special travels 600 ft per second. lets say I have perfect aim. From 300 ft away (about a football field.) I aim at the right side of your head. Just an inch in so you don't need to move your head far, only about as far as your thumb would move on your control pad . So you have a half a second from the time you see the muzzle flash till that bullet shatters the side of your skull killing you. are you saying that you trust that you could dodge that bullet? thats a controlled situation. Could you dodge that bullet while you are turning as a reaction?
    I'm not talking about being Neo from The Matrix and reacting to a hitscan shot. The reaction time I'm talking about is being able to get your crosshair on your opponent before your opponent gets his crosshair on you.

At 30 FPS, it's much tougher to get that crosshair on your opponent because the opponent's movement on the screen is choppy and erratic, so you can't really line up the shot perfectly. At 60+ FPS, you'll see your opponent moving in a very smooth path, so it's much easier to place your crosshair on him and score a hit.

Take a look at that video again, look at the comparison between the ball moving at 24 FPS and the ball that's running at 60 FPS. Which one would be easier to hit? Why do you think the PS3 version has autoaim? It's not just because the controller is less precise, it's because it's tough as hell to score shots at 30 FPS.

And if you still don't buy what I'm (and the other people who are correct) saying, see for yourself. Have a friend with a good gaming PC download the UT3 Demo and try the game out. 60 FPS is the standard for aiming properly.

Comment

Originally posted by kjhkbnm View Post
      PS3 is supposed to run on older TVs, which are capable of max 30fps. Also yeah, PS3 is not powerful enough too.
      ps3 **** ?? here we go again.. check cod4 and say it's ****...
      if you can say only things which have no ground at all then please do not comment at all ok ?

ut3 for the ps3 has run before on 60 fps as the devs showed on the games convention.. what their problem was probaly is that they wanted the same eye candy as gears of war but the fps was not capable of doing that at 60 fps so they deciced to keep it at 30 fps..

that's the only thing in mine opinion that is causing the 30fps lock here...

people who say 30 fps is fine for fast paced games like ut3 do not know what they are talking about...
      and yes ps3 is fine at handling 60 fps but now with the eyecandy show where ut3 ps3 version is now at...

it feels now like playing on settings to high for the ps3 just like you have a pc where you put all your settings way to high and pretend that everything is just fine on 30 fps...

lock bf2 for instance on 30 fps and then after 10 minutes of playing set it at 60 fps. see and feel what the difference is..

Comment

omg i love how people get so defensive over this stuff. 30fps is playable. Is it preferred? no. 60 is nicely suited for any fps. However the amount of content and detail can change the smoothness properties, obviously. COD4 did a nice job of scaling their game to use the most amount of detail without sacrificing smoothness. UT3 did the same, however it also does it at a different pace, which is hard to translate into a 60fps FPS on the ps3 console. PC'ers have the luxury to bypass these statements and play this game the way it is fluidly supposed to. I will take 30fps, and a very playable game of UT3 rather than not at all.
        -edit.. I do notice 30fps vs 60fps though, so I do want to clear this up. If it's true that COD4 is running at 600p vs UT3's 720p than that will make a bit of difference also. IMO i'd sacrifice the scale down as well in UT3 if it had the potential to his at least 50fps. But, I can understand why Epic wanted to stay on track with the GOW series.. (sales wise I don't think the FPS mattered to consolers then, and thought why not now). The difference being though, is that GOW players wern't necessarily PC'ers.. so it didn't matter as much at the time. This time around for UT3 you're bringing PC'ers to the console that can't afford the upgrades, and we're nitpicking alot more. :/

Comment

Originally posted by innerchild View Post
          ps3 **** ?? here we go again.. check cod4 and say it's ****...
          if you can say only things which have no ground at all then please do not comment at all ok ?

ut3 for the ps3 has run before on 60 fps as the devs showed on the games convention.. what their problem was probaly is that they wanted the same eye candy as gears of war but the fps was not capable of doing that at 60 fps so they deciced to keep it at 30 fps..
          what are you, slow? You said it yourself, PS3 isnt powerful enough.

Comment

Working...
          X