Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PS3] Got UT3 for ps3 1 day and 30fps lock ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS3] Got UT3 for ps3 1 day and 30fps lock ???

so i got the ps3 version for ut3 yesterday and fired it up.

playing cod4 on my ps3 i was very excited to play another top game but my enthousiasm rapidly got decreased...

the most anoying aspect of the game is the 30fps lock..... boy thus that suck when you compare it with cod4 and the smoothness gameplay...

i mean for a very fast paced game, smooth frames are everything...
    to describe it best imagine the following setup :

playing ut3 on the pc with a resolution on 1680x1050 with 4x aa and 16 af turned on where you normaly play it on 1024...

when you move quickly it feels like the screen is slower then your movement.
    it does look very nice but i gladly would have sacrifised some of the beauty for more fps.

hell...cod4 does look pretty nice and plays smooth..

now i know it is possible to combine excellent graphics with high fps on the ps3, ut3 feels really choppy.....

it really really sux ***....
    so for all you ps3 gamers i have 1 tip of advice.......RENT IT first and see if you like the low fps..

cod4 has set the goal higher and it shows...

Are you comparing the two games ? if so, take a look at the forum rules.

I play with 30 fps on the PC it feels fine to me, and playing on the pc is faster paced, especially the way I play, I can even play good against players of the same skill level with 3x my FPS. Altough I may need more FPS to do sick combos I really doubt the PS3 gamer could really do sick combos soo yar ! I think you're exagerating about the "choppiness" atleast it doesnt drop below 20 either.

Comment

Uhm seems like you really dont know what your takling about...

One, this game is fine and NOT choppy, ever think that your TV might not be able to hold the graphics? Or That maybe your connection isn't very good, that causes lag. Your HD setting could be too high. Or it could be anything.

I could bet you a Million you play it again. And the graphics are very good. And btw, you CANT compare games, and thats what your doing.

Comment

then you do not know the difference of feel between 30 and 60 fps...
        30 fps with fast paced games like ut3 is too slow...

i just compared the 2 to express my thought of having a game at 60 fps which looks excellent and a game at 30 fps which looks excellent.

if you put the 60 fps feel in ut3 then it would be so much better..

30 fps in ut3 simply sux if you know it can be done...

Comment

lol what a comments..

i happen to own a 50 inch plasma where i can play 1080p games on it..
          i play the game at the native resolution and that is for ut3 720 p

i play cod4 on it with 1080p on 60 fps and you say my tv is the problem ??
          lol.. you both obvisouly do not know what you are talking about...

30 fps is way to low for these kind of games..

Comment

Originally posted by innerchild View Post
            then you do not know the difference of feel between 30 and 60 fps...
            30 fps with fast paced games like ut3 is too slow...

i just compared the 2 to express my thought of having a game at 60 fps which looks excellent and a game at 30 fps which looks excellent.

if you put the 60 fps feel in ut3 then it would be so much better..

30 fps in ut3 simply sux if you know it can be done...
            ofc I know the difference but TBH ut3 isnt quite fast paced on the PSĀ£, Ive played ut3 with high fps 60+ and also with 30 theres a difference but it isnt choppy as you say only thing that causes choopiness is unstable frames when they keep switching from high to low.

Comment

choppy is in my book when i move the screen at a fast rate and the image do not update as fast as i move.. that is when you get the problem as in ut3.

ut3 is faster gameplay then cod4 but yet ut3 does this with 30 fps while cod4 does this with 60 fps.

it's so more noticable if you know that it can be done on a console combining excellent graphics and high fps and then have to play with the half of the fps in ut3.

don't get me mixed up in here.. ut3 looks very nice but the 30fps lock is ridiculous....
              this game screams for more fps even it was set on 50 fps...

no 1 can convince me that 30fps is enough for these kind of games on a console if you know it can be done on 60fps..

Comment

lol what a comments..

i happen to own a 50 inch plasma where i can play 1080p games on it..
                i play the game at the native resolution and that is for ut3 720 p

i play cod4 on it with 1080p on 60 fps and you say my tv is the problem ??
                lol.. you both obvisouly do not know what you are talking about...

30 fps is way to low for these kind of games..
                If you're tv's native resolution is 1080p, playing a game in 1080p will play as it should, but even if your tv 'supports' 720p, it will always up-convert the signal because the tv's native res is 1080p, not 720p. What you're experiencing is screen lag, not lag coming from the ps3.

Does your tv support 1:1 scaling? If you're signal is 720p and it fills the screen, it's up-converting to 1080p and that's what causes lag. So before you go and tell people that they "obvisouly" don't know what they're talking about, do some research.

Visit this faq to get you started:
                http://www.fubarduck.com/hdtv-lag-faq/

or Google any combination of hdtv/1080p/plasma + lag.

note: What really gave away that it's screen lag is when you said "when you move quickly it feels like the screen is slower then your movement." which is basically the definition of screen lag.

Comment

Originally posted by alfaphlex View Post
                  If you're tv's native resolution is 1080p, playing a game in 1080p will play as it should, but even if your tv 'supports' 720p, it will always up-convert the signal because the tv's native res is 1080p, not 720p. What you're experiencing is screen lag, not lag coming from the ps3.

Does your tv support 1:1 scaling? If you're signal is 720p and it fills the screen, it's up-converting to 1080p and that's what causes lag. So before you go and tell people that they "obvisouly" don't know what they're talking about, do some research.

Visit this faq to get you started:
                  http://www.fubarduck.com/hdtv-lag-faq/

or Google any combination of hdtv/1080p/plasma + lag.
                  it is not and i repeat NOT my tv... can not believe i am typing this again..

my plasma tv has an automatic detection of what kind of signal is coming in. the game is 720p so my tv plays it at 720p. if i manualy set my tv on only 1080p it will then upscale IF it is possible...

warhawk,cod4 can do it on 1080p but cod3 not if i set it on manualy 1080p then it will fall back at 576.

so again this is not an issue with my tv. cod4 plays fine both on automatic settings (720p) and forced settings (1080p) with 60 fps..

so do not write off that this is a problem with my tv. this is an obvious issue with the console version of ut3 and the 30fps lock.

Comment

lool 30 fps isnt choppy

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                      lool 30 fps isnt choppy
                      well maybe that is what you are used to with your pc settings as i read your sig..
                      and find it acceptable..that is your problem not mine..

30fps on the console is too low and not acceptable for these kind of games anymore.. cod4 showed it..

Comment

it is not and i repeat NOT my tv... can not believe i am typing this again..

my plasma tv has an automatic detection of what kind of signal is coming in. the game is 720p so my tv plays it at 720p. if i manualy set my tv on only 1080p it will then upscale IF it is possible...

warhawk,cod4 can do it on 1080p but cod3 not if i set it on manualy 1080p then it will fall back at 576.

so again this is not an issue with my tv. cod4 plays fine both on automatic settings (720p) and forced settings (1080p) with 60 fps..

so do not write off that this is a problem with my tv. this is an obvious issue with the console version of ut3 and the 30fps lock.
                        Again, do some research. It does not matter what resolutions your tv supports; it has only 1 native resolution. That is 1080p. The amount of pixels on your tv's display does not change. Just because it detects what res. a signal is doesn't stop it from stretching it to fill the rest of the empty pixels on your screen, otherwise, you'd have black bars above,below and on both sides of the signal displayed on your tv. That is what you call 1:1 scaling.

Seriously, read this:
                        http://www.cnet.com/4520-7874_1-5137915-1.html

"No matter the resolution of the source material, whether VHS, DVD, or HDTV, a fixed-pixel display will always convert, or scale, it to fit its native resolution."

Look, just because your tv's manual says it supports 720p does not change the fact that it has only 1 native resolution. And unless your tv is special and unlike all other HDTVs, it will always scale whatever signal to its native res.

Comment

Matter of fact, post your tv's model #. It'll make this a lot easier for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by alfaphlex View Post
                            Again, do some research. It does not matter what resolutions your tv supports; it has only 1 native resolution. That is 1080p. The amount of pixels on your tv's display does not change. Just because it detects what res. a signal is doesn't stop it from stretching it to fill the rest of the empty pixels on your screen, otherwise, you'd have black bars above,below and on both sides of the signal displayed on your tv. That is what you call 1:1 scaling.

Seriously, read this:
                            http://www.cnet.com/4520-7874_1-5137915-1.html

"No matter the resolution of the source material, whether VHS, DVD, or HDTV, a fixed-pixel display will always convert, or scale, it to fit its native resolution."

Look, just because your tv's manual says it supports 720p does not change the fact that it has only 1 native resolution.

god this is the last post i write on this because i am serious thinking i am discussing this with 13 year olds.

for the last thing this is not my tv .. i started this thread because the game as a lock on the fps with 30fps and not that i have a problem with the game not running smooth because of my tv or.

you did not read the post and come here in posting things which are not related to my post at all.

my TV an pioneer full hd plasma PDP-LX5080D can HANDLE it PERFECTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can play other games xbox 360 hdmi and my ps3 perfectly...
                            i can play cod4 perfectly with 60fps..

the only thing i have with this game is that the GAME ITSELF is locked at 30FPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

this has NOTHING TO DO WITH MY TV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

if it WAS !!! then i had problems with ALL MY GAMES...

Comment

Originally posted by R3VOLUTiON16 View Post
                              ever think that your TV might not be able to hold the graphics?
                              Quoted for laughter.

Comment

Working...
                              X