How do i get rid of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i get rid of this?

The names above my teamates heads. Its very annoying because you cannot see.

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ot00035vp2.jpg

Also is there a way to move the killling spree and multi kill junk higher and lower on the screen. Its like in the middle and it blocks my view. Or just do away with the text messages completely?

Use a higher resolution if you can?

Comment

206 fps o-O

Comment

I kinda like my current res (12*10), id rather just tweak the parts out i dont like. Finally did away with the white arrows, this is next.

206 was on a dip, i usually avg 300-360 on that map

Comment

anyone?

10chars

Comment

I don't think I even have those names. There might be a line in a ini file somewhere. So bumping this thread lol.

Comment

Saturdays bump

Comment

well at that resolution i'd like to hope you hit 206fps at least.
                detail levels are low too

i cant find that setting in any ini! you have my interest

Comment

aye, at least use a higher resolution... that looks... dreadful.... looks like UT99... no offense but it is an 8 year old game now =P... 206 FPS certainly shows the graphics card can handle more.... use v-sync as well if you can... that will cap your FPS to your monitors freqeuncy (there is no reason to have more frames generated then you can display on your monitor other then wanting to know how many frames your graphics card can generate....)

Comment

Thats 1280*1024, maxxed res for most on non widescreen lcds.

I bumped it up to 16*12 and it didnt make much difference.

I was playing at 16*12 with 5-5 detail and intense post processing but its too hard to compete with it. Avgeraged 70-120 fps like that and its too slow.

Vsync is terrible, once your fps drops to 75 you get 15ms input latency.

When you turn off depth of field (beer goggles) the world detail automatically goes to 1. So not much of a choice there if your trying to shoot people more than 30ft away.

Thanks for the advice so far, any help is good help. Still looking for a fix.

Comment

that looks terrible, i've got a hd 3850 oc'd and it look 100x better than that, i hate to go all doctor and medical on y'all but the human eye can't tell a difference in framerate above 24 FPS, it's fact, i know y'all will flame me for saying this but it's animation smoothness you are seeing not FPS. So when i play i could have my settings on 1 and get 100s of FPS but i keep it maxed out and I average around 24 fps and it plays fine, get a good mouse (razer diamondback ftw!) and you won't see a difference above about 30.

Comment

mersonix, i quit reading that at "24 fps"
                        you obviously dont know a thing about eyes and you've only read a few things such as "oh a video runs at 24 fps"

i can EASILY tell a difference between 24fps and 40fps, as well as 40 and 60, and 60 and 75. sorry to burst your bubble but its the truth. i dont like going under 50fps, but i can easily play at 35, it hurts my head to play under 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwixx View Post
                          I kinda like my current res (12*10), id rather just tweak the parts out i dont like. Finally did away with the white arrows, this is next.

206 was on a dip, i usually avg 300-360 on that map
                          maybe you should consider using higher world/character detail? and enable post processing? -_-

it seems to me you're using everything on its lowest.

Comment

Guys, answer original post pls.

Just because the human eye doesnt see it, it doesnt mean it doesnt happen. All about the feel.

Ut3 is way different anyways, the higher your fps the lower your input latency (more to it than just a mouse). Something people havent caught onto yet apparently.

"24 fps and it plays fine"

Havent tried online yet?

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                              maybe you should consider using higher world/character detail? and enable post processing? -_-

it seems to me you're using everything on its lowest.
                              Im assuming you dont know what depth of field is, and what happens when you turn it off.

But anyways, even with higher graphical settings the names would still be above their heads.

Comment

Working...
                              X