Warfare too vehicle dominated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Epic did the right thing by eliminating weapon dropping, since it was used as an ammo-generating exploit rather than any sort of team-building strategy. This also keeps avrils rare, which is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh don't get me wrong about AVRiLs. I like the fact that they are rare in UT3 compared to UT2K4. It makes the balance much better. Vehicles *should* pwn foot soldiers.

I love the new alt-fire for AVRiL. The old AVRiL was such a no-skill weapon. Simply lock on a splat. With the new AVRiL you pay a price for using the lock on: giving away your location. In UT2K4 I learned to use the AVRiL without the lock because it's actually easier to hit speedy mantas without the lock. The AVRiL missile turns sharper and tracks much better if you manually guide it towards them than if you use the lock. In UT3 it's even more important to manually guide it if you don't want to give away your position.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JUNGLIST MOVEMENT View Post
    so.. uh where is the avril ammo on suspense?
    Center of the bridge.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Moloko View Post
    Rocket launcher seems to be the most heavily used weapon now followed by flak then stinger, though it could just be those players.
    Nope, it's like that everywhere. You better get used to it. :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Masklin View Post
    No, prim fire still 45, secondary fire 55.
    Ok , I should really know by now after 3 days playing, not as many people seem to use it as the weapon of choice (at least in the games I 've played in) for WAR, as in ONS. Rocket launcher seems to be the most heavily used weapon now followed by flak then stinger, though it could just be those players.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Warfare, like CTF, is an objective based map. It will almost ALWAYS have less fragging.

Just saying.

(I'm fine with it..)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, prim fire still 45, secondary fire 55.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
    Maybe not here in this thread or not explicitly (anyway I didn't address this to anyone specific), but it's an opinion you find quite often ingame and in several existing threads on the Manta and score topic. :P

Dunno why you sound a bit offended, but I didn't answer to anything you maybe said in this thread, no worries.

Btw: Shock primary does 45 damage, exactly the same as in 2k4. Just the core damage is increased (55 to 40 in 2k4, I think).
    Not offended,sorry if you got that idea -just trying to say I 'm not noob(at least in 2k4, maybe in UT3 for a while)
    Yes you are right 3 hits for a kill in ut2004 from full 100 health =45 my mistake I think it is now 35(?) tho- still 3 hits on normal health for the kill, but with slower fire rate,at least the faster core is a more useful and viable in its own right now , even if it is harder to combo while moving.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never found Avril-ammo at Suspence.
    But special at this Map (my no.1 Favorite from V-CTF-Maps) i think it doesnt bother that mutch, you dont have to drive half a mile to the Action with new Vehicles.

Btw, whats the Avril-alt Fire for? Some Guys pointing with this Laser at me while guiding their Missile to my beloved Raptor.
    It`s not necessary to bring the Rocket to your Target, but it`s like a Sign who sais " here i am, kill me!"

Btw2: The Avril is waaay the best Weapon against Nightshades, usually, you dont see them, but the Avril will tell you where it is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Moloko View Post
    No one is saying they rack up big scores
    Maybe not here in this thread or not explicitly (anyway I didn't address this to anyone specific), but it's an opinion you find quite often ingame and in several existing threads on the Manta and score topic. :P

Dunno why you sound a bit offended, but I didn't answer to anything you maybe said in this thread, no worries.

Btw: Shock primary does 45 damage, exactly the same as in 2k4. Just the core damage is increased (55 to 40 in 2k4, I think).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so.. uh where is the avril ammo on suspense?
    I never realized there was a 5:1 avril ammo limit per player on that map
    wheres my weapon throw or ammo for it? with weapon stay on, do i have to die to get another 5?

I think that just with the abundance of ammo or the ability to throw weapons, avrils would become too dominant even if there were few placements of avril weapon stations(lockers, weapon bases)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First day I played I found it hard, now I try to always make sure I at least start with an avril -up close I use the shock balls to deflect mantas like in 2004 or combos if they come straight at me. As for tanks dodge around using flak if I can get in close, with the main gun chasing me by moving behind it, it is getting easier. My one problem is mainly with the teleporting delay and avril ammo problem, plus I think quite a few 2k4 players new to UT3 forget about the orb's critical importance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One factor is how good your team is at grabbing the AVRIL. Lots of people run off without grabbing it. If everyone on your team grabbed it before they ran off to battle a lot of these vehicles would be taken down in short order.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't had big problems with vehicles. Usually when it's a slow vehicle like goliath or similar, I run around it and shoot 3 rockets with rocket launcher in spirals at it. When it's mantas I either use flak or shock, but if they're coming straight at me I load 3 rockets into the rocket launcher and shoot them in a spiral when the manta is close enough.

Funniest thing that happened to me with vehicles thought was when I got the Orb in Warfare and wasa moving towards the center node in Floodgate on a hoverboard, then suddenly a Nightshade runs me over .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We know that 2k4 had people who were only interested in spawnkilling in mantas they'll be sorted in time as good Ut2004 players learn the maps weapons I only started UT3 online 3 days ago, they seem to be prominent in this than in Ut2004 that is all I am saying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X