X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    D2F[Leo]: Spoken for the truth.
    +1 D2F[Leo]

vehicles do seems to be little powerful, BUT ain't that hard to take out at all.
    if you really know how to play warfare like the top ons clan guys does.. you should pickup avril before heading it the battle.. it's just a hobbit thing to get used to.. and you just do it so fast after a while...

also, it's has nothing to do with getting' a lot of points
    points whoring is done by kill/build/orb the node even healing node
    biggest point whoring thing u can do in ut3 is to kill the core single handedly
    that's 2 core pts for 1 of ur score pts. that' 50pts there. without a kill.

i would suggest some of you people go signup at zerofrag.com where all the NA ONS clans from 2k4 gather together as a warfare community for ut3..
    we have pugging every sunday.. come join us and learn some.

gl hf

Comment

Originally posted by greenplant View Post
      biggest point whoring thing u can do in ut3 is to kill the core single handedly
      that's 2 core pts for 1 of ur score pts. that' 50pts there. without a kill.
      In fact it's even 60 points. But true, score whoring (and hence winning, if you're lucky ;P) is done by building and destroying nodes... lots of nodes. Just do the killing when someone gets in your way to a node and make sure that you got an AVRiL with you. That's basically how WAR is played.

Comment

I think that makes it a perfect scoring system.

Except maybe you should get a bonus point for killing someone in a vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
          I think that makes it a perfect scoring system.

Except maybe you should get a bonus point for killing someone in a vehicle
          In my opinion the scoring system is very faulty at the moment. We definitely need an ONS Plus equivalent. The current system neither rewards healing friendly vehicles, nor simple damage to vehicles (given that the vehicle is manned in both cases). Spending 30 seconds to kill a Levi and being rewarded with a single point doesn't make sense. Practically any decent 2k4 ONS server out there shows how to make it better. :/

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
            The problem, IMO, is AVRiL placement. Avrils are what balances out the vehicles against the players. The problem is that in UT3 avrils are few and far between. In UT2K4, they were numerous enough that even some weapon lockers had them, not just the individual weapon spawners. In UT3, I have yet to find a weapon locker that has an avril and the actual avril spawners are usually way off in the corner.

If you want to run around on foot in warfare, make sure you grab the avril
            avrils do a lot more damage now.

the vehicles are fine. the only map i have a prob with is avalanche, there are freaking vipers EVERYWHERE, with ***gots who just like to run ppl over and not complete objectives (they eventually lose to me, cuz i shock beam them, not easy though). there are like no avrils in that map...at all =/

Comment

Originally posted by Mike888 View Post
              Still 200, as far as I can see. :P

the vehicles are fine. the only map i have a prob with is avalanche, there are freaking vipers EVERYWHERE, with ***gots who just like to run ppl over and not complete objectives (they eventually lose to me, cuz i shock beam them, not easy though). there are like no avrils in that map...at all =/
              2nd closest base tower.

Comment

Well, I love playing on foot, but to the more massive warfare maps, when I get a chance for a good vehicle I take it.

But having too much vehicles ruins it.

Like on DM-Heatray the darkwalker will kill and kill forever.

I was in a duel once in Heatray and the score was tied 1-1, but when he got the darkwalker he killed me 5 times in a row no matter where I went to destroy him.

Comment

The gameplay is not vehicle heavy. Although it can be. As you play higher skilled players, you'll find reliance on vehicles to be detrimental and a more all-around game is needed. Learn to destroy vehicles on foot. I rarely ever get in vehicles for WAR, where it was an absolute necessity in ONS to do so.

Warfare without vehicles? Are you talking about DOM? No thanks.

Comment

Heatray? Most servers i stepped in, there you have less than a Minute to live in a Darkwalker, cause everyone is shooting at you at the same time...

Comment

I think CTF is too FLaG oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by Trepænima View Post
                        Warfare without vehicles? Are you talking about DOM? No thanks.
                        Do not ever speak about Domination like that again, EVER!

Just for the record, warfare without vehicles is not domination. Thank god its not

Comment

It may be hard, but ofcourse it is, is the RL balanced to that an on-foot person can take on a tank in open fire and expect to win?

UT3 is also a *********ing fast game, if you dodge/jump/move around with a faster reaction than that of the player in the vehicle, chances are you'll win the fight if you keep dodging the vehicle...

In VCTF-Suspense (I know it's not a warfare map) I had the joy of bragging after taking down a Raptor, with the Link gun, ontop of the bridge.

The fact is: If an enemy got a vehicle, that has 5k HP, a 500dmg attack, you have 100hp and you have a 5, maybe 15, damage attack, you have to come up with something that the vehicle can't, a goliath turns around really slows, you only have to turn around it faster that it can itself.

With the manta, it's a low-hp but freaking fast vehicle, you can't outmanevour it, so you'll have to figure what you can beat it at, and make it a fight in that specific area.

If the enemy has one weakness, ONE single weakness, that weakness may turn the tide in your favour, if you figure how to successfully exploit that weakness to the max.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike888
                            I think they are just faster.

Comment

im all for putting avrils in the weapons lockers

i love killing manta whores

Comment

The major problem of manta spawnkilling is made worse by the seemingly slower reaction to use teleporter compared to Ut2004, I prefer the old teleporting thru nodes system - bang gone!. The team switching/stacking is terrible at the mo also, I never saw such consistent unfairness of team balance and stacked teams in 2k4 ONS that we're getting in WAR(maybe it's cos of the stats)if you are having problems with a certain player spawnkilling remember their name and check the stats, look at nodes built compared to vehicle kills,at least then you can call them a spawnkiller next time with some justification.

The decent guys need to set an example, not just run riot for 2 minutes, then say GG for what clearly wasn't. Epic seriously need to fix this,because there are parasite players switching to the strong teams to contribute nothing strategically but grab vehicles & rack up undeserved spawnkills in tanks and mantas, while the true WAR players fight for/build the nodes, i.e play the game as intended . As for the avril the thing is cool, very fast, however sometimes I cannot pick it up -I pass over it without acquiring it?

Comment

Working...
                                X