Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larathiel View Post
    bazzwano:

Looks nice so far. Just one suggestion from someone who has worked on this map before...

Remember to try and make the two mid-field hallways look different so that teams can easily call out which hallway an FC is going down. I did this in the UT99 LE version by making the lighting in one hallway green and the other orange. Perhaps You could think of another way (i.e. a conduits of molten lava visible on one side and a conduits of goo visible on the other).

Looking forward to the final version.

very cool idea - never thought of that, i always just remembered either using the hall windows (they did have windows right?) or trying to camp the ends of the hall to see what direction FC was going...

Comment

Not sure if I can remember the map from ut, I did play ut99 tho so actually I should but the work in the screenshots looks really great!

Comment

looks like a Doom3 map.

Comment

sweet, but wrong section

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
            hows it coming? cant wait to play Infested again ...
            Ummmm FINISHED... expect to play it in a week

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              How come this is general chat and not in the beta section? Mods ...
              beacuse this is not a beta. and i felt like puting it here..

Comment

Originally posted by Larathiel View Post
                bazzwano:

Looks nice so far. Just one suggestion from someone who has worked on this map before...

Remember to try and make the two mid-field hallways look different so that teams can easily call out which hallway an FC is going down. I did this in the UT99 LE version by making the lighting in one hallway green and the other orange. Perhaps You could think of another way (i.e. a conduits of molten lava visible on one side and a conduits of goo visible on the other).

Looking forward to the final version.
                hows it going. yeh i rememer that, at the moment they are a lil diferent. but I think i may do somthing else and release this in a version two, or before final becuase somthing about the hallways i dont quite like.

heres a making of thread.
                http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=173808

Comment

Holy ****!

Visually the quality is really good, almost up there with the predone maps!

Can't wait to grab it and have a feel of it.

Comment

Originally posted by XEDR View Post
                    Holy ****!

Visually the quality is really good, almost up there with the predone maps!

Can't wait to grab it and have a feel of it.
                    Thanks, i have to brag... its my very first map by the way

Comment

i understand that those screenshots are not from the final release so the lighting is not all done but please add some more colors other than dark-blue and black.

Comment

hmmm ill have to wait and see what the majority of the community think

BETA DOWNLOAD HERE
                        http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=174560

Comment

I think it's really good, got confused abit by the layout of the flag rooms to the mid run at first but the map feels good.

The only thing I can come up with is the height of the ceiling in the mid area, I like to dodge jump from walls and such but the ceiling bounces you back down abit, but that's not breaking the map in anyway.
                          Imo a job well done and I would even say the map is worthy to be put in a bonus pack

Comment

Looks good but why did you post it in general chat?

~Death Dream~

Comment

Originally posted by Insidiae View Post
                              I think it's really good, got confused abit by the layout of the flag rooms to the mid run at first but the map feels good.

The only thing I can come up with is the height of the ceiling in the mid area, I like to dodge jump from walls and such but the ceiling bounces you back down abit, but that's not breaking the map in anyway.
                              Imo a job well done and I would even say the map is worthy to be put in a bonus pack
                              yeh It was the first area I worked on, Im not a fan of the midle myself, thats why im going to work on it before the final reliease

thanks for your comment, I memba when i first played this map for UT1 i got quite confused with the layout

Comment

Working...
                              X