Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 benchmark tool

http://olrac.org/ut3bench

Seems to work o.k., I ran a few benches and it spits back the average FPS at the settings you choose.

i can't believe no one has said thanks for this post yet!!!

thanks so much,i've been waiting for a benchmark tool for this game.

Comment

How do you use it?

Comment

Just double click the .exe, under global select the map you want to bench and select if you want flyby or bots. Under software settings select how many bots you want and how long you want to bench for in seconds. Under hardware settings select the resolution you want to bench at, set your texture details and world detail levels. Go back to global and select "run" point it to ut3.exe. Once you point it to ut3.exe the first time it remembers where it is for future benches. After it benches click "results", it saves them to Documents and Settings\youraccount\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Stats.

Only thing I wish it did is bench with your current settings, comes in handy if you've tweaked your utengine.ini and you want to see what the average FPS is. This kind of reminds me of the old UMark UT2k4 benchmark tool, although UMark was a little bit more refined. Hopefully this guy will improve this...it's still a handy program.

Comment

Alright thanks

Comment

No problem. I'm surprised nobody posted a link to this already..maybe somebody did and I missed it.

Comment

Did not see a folder called stats in C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame

Also, the map does not load and it stays in the login screen..did this break with he latest patch?

will it do it elsewhere ..btw Windows7

Comment

ah, a little googling and here we are

Comment

I remember that did not work for XP_64. But, nothing ever worked for XP_64 beyond the game itself. Map Mixer did not work, benchmark did not work, cache extractor did not work. Continuing on with that tradition, none of that works under win7-64 either.

Average FPS and Max FPS don't really tell you too much. The important number is Minimum FPS. When you play online, that's the number you see. Online MAX FPS is 90, so having an average FPS higher than that does not tell you enough. Knowing you have an average FPS of 600 playing off line is pretty useless. It will not tell you about performance online.

Comment

I've been criticized for this in the Anandtech forums, not illogically but almost to the point of annoying... I've decided to get a GTX 670 FTW. My current card is a GTX 480.. short story is the GTX 480 is plenty with either monitor I use (1080 or 1050). What isn't apparent is the heat that comes off the 480 and even after explaining ...

Long story short (again) I just want to see the differences with the cards, no biggie.. I'm sure i'll enjoy the 5* temperature absence from the 480

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                      Online MAX FPS is 90
                      Not true, you can set max frames to whatever you want.

In UTEngine.ini
                      [Engine.GameEngine]
                      bSmoothFrameRate=True
                      MaxSmoothedFrameRate=200.000000

Comment

Nice tip! I will have to try that now that my rig is working again. 2600K@4.2 and HD6870 crosssfire. I get insane fps @1600x1200 res, but not as high as you have. The setup with the HD6870 beat the gtx580soc by about 10% when I had it in the same system, same settings. That's why I am back running it with the gtx580 as backup.

Comment

nevermindfor10characterslong, sheesh

Comment

Well, I learned what micro-stutter looks like when I set bSmoothFrameRate=True

It does not matter what frame rates I use as max. With cross fire I have to keep bSmoothFrameRate=False or it's jittery. I guess I can live with 90 fps online.

Comment

I just turned mine off.. maybe it will make a difference as I do get stuttery play, whilst offline is perfect. Might be the 16 v 16 server though

Comment

Working...
                              X