Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawn Killing... Who Cares!?!

This game is run and gun in TDM right?
    This guy was on fa..ot this f that about spawn killers so I told him to leave. He then called me a pig fer lol and left. Is spawn killing an issue to most as in the heat of the battle do you really stop and not kill some1. I don't even know all the spawn points! I will kill you regardless because you are just going to kill me if I don't.
    He also said it was bad sportsmanship but he was using every profanity in the book.

Thanx.

Don't think its an issue
    its not like you're gonna cover al the spawnplaces and lock them down
    its just part of the game

Comment

Originally posted by WhiZZlE View Post
      This game is run and gun in TDM right?
      This guy was on fa..ot this f that about spawn killers so I told him to leave. He then called me a pig fer lol and left. Is spawn killing an issue to most as in the heat of the battle do you really stop and not kill some1. I don't even know all the spawn points! I will kill you regardless because you are just going to kill me if I don't.
      He also said it was bad sportsmanship but he was using every profanity in the book.

Thanx.
      I kinda see both sides of it, it's annoying to be killed right after you spawn over and over but at the same time it's kill or be killed and being "sportsman like" is not really realistic, oh yeah let me let you get some weapons then we will fight, oh wait let me also let you get some armor...

yeah that makes a lot of sense.

I play DM and I find that I'm not spawn killed too often most likely the guy isn't very good anyway which is why he is spawn killed a lot.

Comment

It's a legitimate tactic in Duel and TDM, couldnt care in FFA, but in Warfare it annoys me.

Comment

Same here, in warfare it is annoying when too many people are doing it ...

Comment

Its a tactic that is annoying but gets the job done in some cases. In games like ONS a lot of people do it because they are complete idiots and don't have the skills to cap a node. So go for the easy kills with the manta..

Comment

The only time spawn killing shouldn't be done is when there are set spawn points for each team, like CTF and VCTF. Now if you're just running thru and kill me, tough luck for me. But if you set up your tent and just camp there for easy kills, that annoys me.

Comment

It`s lame if someones only sneak around a popular Spawnpoint without good Weapons near them and kill everything whats just respawning under-armed...
                On this 24-Player-Servers, there are so many People in Game, it`s no suprise that on full Maps almost every Time is someone near your Spawnpoint.

In Warfare or VCTF, its really, reeelay lame to wait at the Enemy-base with an Manta to kill everyone who`s just respawned.

Did have UT3 no 3-sec-protection for Respawners?

Comment

Who complains about spawn-killing in DM? That's so odd.

Warfare/CTF are a little different. I believe it should be allowed (e.g. if you were already in someone's base, then it gets locked), however someone who camps the base and kills people for fun with no interest in helping his team (spawnkilling is not high on the objective list) should be kicked. It's an admin problem because the game itself can't really stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
                    It`s lame if someones only sneak around a popular Spawnpoint without good Weapons near them and kill everything whats just respawning under-armed...
                    On this 24-Player-Servers, there are so many People in Game, it`s no suprise that on full Maps almost every Time is someone near your Spawnpoint.

In Warfare or VCTF, its really, reeelay lame to wait at the Enemy-base with an Manta to kill everyone who`s just respawned.

Did have UT3 no 3-sec-protection for Respawners?
                    rofl its not lame, its a game w/e it takes to win, without cheater-cheating is lame. If you cant take it then dont get killed first, kill them first and sprawn kill them or just play bots.

agreed that its just stupid and annoying in ctf and warfare because its pointless, doesnt help you wion, especially if you are already loosing IMO.

Comment

If its always the same Guy at the same **** Spawnpoint, it IS **** annoying.

Comment

Working...
                      X