X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    image editing quickies: I use a free application called Paint.net
    for screenshots, i use a cool app called Winsnap
    you can assign a hotkey, and it saves to jpg or png to a folder you choose.

google is your friend.

have fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And Fraps eats system performance like candy, another benefit.

Sorry but using paint is like using outlook or IE, you should know better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont say MS Paint is perfect for Screenshots, but for taking ONE Screenhot in a Game without Screenshot-function, it`s perfect, mainly almost every Windows-user has it on-Board, no extra-tools needet.

For my own, i use Fraps. Older Versions are Freeware and providing primary a FPS-Count for Games, but as Bonus, you can take Screenshots with a defineable Key, also it saves directly as JPEG.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sekazi: why use 5 cannons to kill a mosquito when you can use flyswatter? Irfranview isn't a photo editing application.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    the quality sucks because it's saved in paint, worst image application in existence, get irfranview ,free and a lot better.
    MS Paint works just fine saving in BMP or PNG. Saving in JPG will worsen the quality because they are using somewhere around 20-25% compression.

I use MS Paint if I use Print Screen then use x2y to convert it to another format then if I want to resize I use Microsoft PowerToy Resizer.

Using a photo editing application takes too much effort.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Scheibenwischer: and it's so huge you can't use it online, and after a couple hundred screenshots it's bigger than the game, saving it as a uncompressed PNG or near max quality JPEG is a lot better and can be used online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PEBCAK, if i save a Picture with Paint as a Bitmap, there is no higher Quality possible, cause there is no Compression or something. I looks exactly like the Original, Pixel by Pixel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the quality sucks because it's saved in paint, worst image application in existence, get irfranview ,free and a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Quality is ****?
    If i take Screenshots with the Print-Button, it looks exactly like the Original.
    Maybe you ruined it by resizing in Paint or whatever. And if you use the Windows-internal Picture viewer, be sure you used the Original-size-button.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ****! I think I pressed many F buttons but missed the nine. No game ever uses F9...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    f9
    find the screens here:
    My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\ScreenShots

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Screenshot button?

Screenshot button?

Where is it?

I just won my first Deathmatch session (although I had the highest ping ) and I noticed I don't know how to take screenshots.

I used the "Print" button to load it in Paint but the quality sucks. So, for next time, how do I take screenshots?
Working...
X