Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG a lot of players online right now!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Having CTF-Face or similar map would boost CTF popularity without a doubt. There currently isn't any big yet simple and fun CTF map, which would be easy to learn but offer a lot of tactics and non chaotic gameplay. Suspense does this for vCTF, but CTF has nothing like that. All CTF maps are either too small or very confusing for beginners. We need something simplier to get new players into vanilla CTF.

    Comment


      #62
      Keep in mind the numbers I posted were not remotely prime time numbers. They were late night/early morning times so lower population counts.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Nacher View Post
        Having CTF-Face or similar map would boost CTF popularity without a doubt. There currently isn't any big yet simple and fun CTF map, which would be easy to learn but offer a lot of tactics and non chaotic gameplay. Suspense does this for vCTF, but CTF has nothing like that. All CTF maps are either too small or very confusing for beginners. We need something simplier to get new players into vanilla CTF.
        I hope to see Face4 sometime soon

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Nacher View Post
          iCTF with high playercounts = eternal stalemate.
          lol on that.

          Comment


            #65
            It's 9:20pm, do you know where your community is? I can't find anybody! >.< I should try <insert random game>, maybe I can find people there to drag over here to play with.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by jeffrow View Post
              I’m a FACE player, so I just want one map and don’t care about the other games.

              I tried playing DM online and it was fun, but I really don’t like the weak guns. How many skilled players get a thrill out of killing someone with the Link Gun or Stinger Minigun? Even the Ripper could reach higher satisfaction kills.

              These guns are just for the noobs to get a kill to think there is hope. There isn’t and never will be! The skilled player shouldn’t even use these guns and shame on you, you wuss. I think these guns are just boring and offer no satisfaction at all. If I win the game using them whoopee!

              My ideal would be to have noob maps and skilled maps built right into UT3 and the only thing that needs to change is the guns. Like get rid of the Link and Stinger and that basically just leave skilled guns left, so name it a skilled map. These guns will offer more satisfying kills for vets. For me the day did come I realize I had to put the wuss guns down and become a man, but UT3 didn’t advance one bit there and still has the mitch match guns. I don’t think what I suggest would be real difficult. Bring back the Ripper, make more in your face guns, I don’t know. I just know I don’t like having to have to use these no thrill guns.

              Out side of that I like the feel of UT3, it's pretty close to UT and has the in your face action that I like, just also has the no thrill guns I moved beyond that hamper my game experience.
              you should play instagib

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by jeffrow View Post
                I’m a FACE player, so I just want one map and don’t care about the other games.

                I tried playing DM online and it was fun, but I really don’t like the weak guns. How many skilled players get a thrill out of killing someone with the Link Gun or Stinger Minigun? Even the Ripper could reach higher satisfaction kills.

                These guns are just for the noobs to get a kill to think there is hope. There isn’t and never will be! The skilled player shouldn’t even use these guns and shame on you, you wuss. I think these guns are just boring and offer no satisfaction at all. If I win the game using them whoopee!

                My ideal would be to have noob maps and skilled maps built right into UT3 and the only thing that needs to change is the guns. Like get rid of the Link and Stinger and that basically just leave skilled guns left, so name it a skilled map. These guns will offer more satisfying kills for vets. For me the day did come I realize I had to put the wuss guns down and become a man, but UT3 didn’t advance one bit there and still has the mitch match guns. I don’t think what I suggest would be real difficult. Bring back the Ripper, make more in your face guns, I don’t know. I just know I don’t like having to have to use these no thrill guns.

                Out side of that I like the feel of UT3, it's pretty close to UT and has the in your face action that I like, just also has the no thrill guns I moved beyond that hamper my game experience.
                Jeff, firstly you're an idiot and secondly you are wrong on almost all points. UT3 is an offensive game rather than UT2004, which was defensive. That being the case, the weapons are more powerful, yes. How observant of you. This does not shrink or widen the gap between new players and competitive players. The competitive players will still kill the new players and win, they will just do it faster.

                The new players will also kill each other just the same, just faster.

                The link and stinger are not noob weapons or overpowered. You will get your *** whipped if you have a stinger in a close contact area with another player that has a RL/flack for example. Just look at the stats, they speak for them self. [screenshot]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9284/statsqi6.jpg[/screenshot]

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                  Jeff, firstly you're an idiot and secondly you are wrong on almost all points. UT3 is an offensive game rather than UT2004, which was defensive. That being the case, the weapons are more powerful, yes. How observant of you. This does not shrink or widen the gap between new players and competitive players. The competitive players will still kill the new players and win, they will just do it faster.

                  The new players will also kill each other just the same, just faster.

                  The link and stinger are not noob weapons or overpowered. You will get your *** whipped if you have a stinger in a close contact area with another player that has a RL/flack for example. Just look at the stats, they speak for them self. [screenshot]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9284/statsqi6.jpg[/screenshot]
                  Exactly. Also it really sucks when people get all elitist and start calling certain weapons noob weapons (or in fighting games, noob moves) just because they seem to get fragged more often than not by them. Hell even the BIO rifle, which has been called useless by others, has a great fighting chance in UT III. Especially when being chased in an enclosed environment.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Not only do I have more kills with the bio rifle than the stinger, but I also have been killed more with it. This is not even mentioning the flack or rockets, which go through the roof compared to the link/stinger for both kills and deaths. And look at that enforcer.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X