OMG a lot of players online right now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG a lot of players online right now!

Gamespy stats shows 1367 players at the moment. It's more than UT3 has ever had before AFAIK. It hit around 1250 on european release weekend, and then has been under 1000 for most of the time.

Seems like a lot of ppl got it / new cpu for christmas.

But only 280 people playing in the US. **** US I hate my country lol.

Comment

consider this a placehold for all the responses to follow in this thread:

20 responses expressing "Great News. Great to see player numbers picking up!"

20 responses say "bah. All the online gaming numbers are picking up over the holiday. The game still suxorz"

Count me in the first 20. We should consider a 30-50% jump in the numbers over peak numbers a week ago a pretty good sign. I have no problem with legitemate criticism, but my personal opinion is that the game is damned fun in spite of the flaws present at release.

Comment

Gamespy-Stats is like reading the Future out of Chicken-giblets...

Comment

W00tness! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post

You do that too? Did you know that in the future we will breathe through are fingernails? Or did you get a different reading?

Comment

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=ut3

Right now gameranking shows 1,218. That is a record lol. I bet it will be more on a Friday night or something.

Comment

yeah i was happy to see alot of populated ctf servers until i noticed they were all from europe and such.

people are only playing vctf here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by koopa View Post
                  yeah i was happy to see alot of populated ctf servers until i noticed they were all from europe and such.

people are only playing vctf here in the states.
                  Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it. Every CTF server I see is insta, insta, insta, low grav, insta. Some filters would be nice. I want me some classic no bull CTF.

Comment

Tis also the middle of the afternoon in most of North America right now

Comment

Originally posted by Ethyn View Post
                      Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it. Every CTF server I see is insta, insta, insta, low grav, insta. Some filters would be nice. I want me some classic no bull CTF.
                      Pure server -> Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
                        You do that too? Did you know that in the future we will breathe through are fingernails? Or did you get a different reading?

I see... i see... wait, the picture gets clearer, now i can see... while the World got wasted due climate change, i see Stalin rises from the Dead, riding on giant Predator-Dinosaurs, ruling the World with a iron Fist. Up our asses, without Soap.
                        But, maybe i`m wrong, as i said, reading the Future out of Chicken giblets is like checking the Gamespy-stats.

Comment

Hey if its any consolation to the UT3 fan base growing on the PS3 front I saw over 70,000 users ranked just in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
                            Actually, now that we all login to gamespy and all, gamespy is 99% accurate

Comment

Concerning CTF, the insta/other mutator servers and players are really doing their best to kill the mod. It doesn't really give much hope, as every populated CTF server seems to be instagib or just otherwise bastardized version of CTF. Instagib is occasionally fun and such, but if it starts to take over CTF like it did in 2k3 and 2k4, it's a real shame.

And about playercounts rising, it doesn't seem to affect all games. UT3 has ranked around position 25-32 in gamespy stats. Now it's beetween 20-26. Crysis also unsurprisingly took a huge boost to it's playercounts from christmas. Most of the other games seem rather unaffected. Clearly a lot of people finally got computers which can run these games. You can also compare player count histories from here http://www.onlinegamingzeitgeist.com/games/. Clearly UT3 and Crysis have had a huge increase in player numbers, while a lot of other games don't show such a pattern.

Edit : TF2 also seems to have it's playercounts increasing.

Comment

Working...
                              X