Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Is my laptop up to scratch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my laptop up to scratch?

Hi

I have eagerly awaited UT3 on the PC but before I go ahead and buy it I want to make sure that my laptop can actually play it first!

I have had a look at the minimum specs/recommended ones and the only aspects I am concerned about are the processor and graphics card.

I have:
    Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5500: 1.66GHz, 667MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache

nVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 graphics card supporting up to 256MB with TurboCache technology

[btw its an Acer (damn it) Aspire 5633 laptop with XP]

The official RECOMMENDED requirements are:
    * 2.4GHz Dual-Core Processor
    * 1GB of RAM (I have 2GB so no worries)
    * nVIDIA 7800GTX OR ATI x1300 GFX-card
    * 8 GB of free HDD space (fine)

but more importantly, perhaps, are the MINIMUM reqs:
    * CPU: 2.0+GHZ Single Core Processor
    * RAM: 512MB
    * Graphics: Geforce 6 series; NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
    * 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Aside from the fact whether it will even run, will UT3 be a nice game to play if my machine specs are so low - I have read concerns over pixelated graphics and jerky lag so maybe the game wont be true to itself...

Any advice/comments would be very much appreciated. And no I dont really want to upgrade my laptop's specs - I only bought it just under a year ago.

Thanks,

the demo will help you
    http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...tuput3demo.exe

there is a bench to test
    http://www.ut2341.com/UT3SystemScore/

if it doesn't run well, you can also play in picmip (low graph, low texture etc) by remplacing some lines in .ini files

Comment

Working...
    X